Quantcast

OK, CodeMonkeys, Is This Possible?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, every time an item (like a Zeb or a 38 or a Mezzer, for example) comes into stock at QBP, I get an email. Would there be any way to write a piece of code that would streamline the checkout, with the item, and perhaps all of my CC info, so it would automatically order for me 24/7?
Is this a stupid idea?
There is no possible way to be quick enough on the draw when they are only getting 1’s and 2’s in at a time.
The ETA for a 180 Zeb is AUGUST.
Am I dreaming?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hai guys, just moved into the neighborhood. I'm Brett, this is my (lovely if I do say so myself) wife Buffy. We totally love living here and can't wait to meet you all. Anyway............

......about the service...

Authentic bot ordering

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well, I am sure there are a bunch of newly unemployed coders from Parler trolling task-rabbit...

I am sure there is a large number of people that can do this, and about zero people that would be willing to do it for what you would pay them.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Given the number of monkey's active on here most of the time, instead of giving the details to just @CrabJoe StretchPants post your QBP login and credit card details to this thread and we'll take care of it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Personally, this is one of those things that sure, could most likely be easily be done. But do you actually want it? Probably not. So many red flags. :) I for one never trust any retailer with saving my payment info and keeping it safe. And would I want it to make a purchase for me? Negative. Your design specs also don't say how many to order, so all of them?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Once again, my cheap-ass delusions of grandeur are crushed by the mocking collective.
Just wait until you hear my next ‘big idea’!
My previous company does something similar for large clients. The link below is not my company, btw.
With the right budget, everything is doable. I doubt the Zed is worth the effort though. ;)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So, every time an item (like a Zeb or a 38 or a Mezzer, for example) comes into stock at QBP, I get an email. Would there be any way to write a piece of code that would streamline the checkout, with the item, and perhaps all of my CC info, so it would automatically order for me 24/7?
Is this a stupid idea?
There is no possible way to be quick enough on the draw when they are only getting 1’s and 2’s in at a time.
The ETA for a 180 Zeb is AUGUST.
Am I dreaming?
No, automating that is pretty straight forward. It's a matter of a batch process that is triggered based on input.

If email subject = tires I need, grep tire qty for x, order x.

<edit> ui automation is literally my day job.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No, automating that is pretty straight forward. It's a matter of a batch process that is triggered based on input.

If email subject = tires I need, grep tire qty for x, order x.

<edit> ui automation is literally my day job.
Do you work for non-authentic tacos or slightly used carbon rims?