Quantcast

OK gas bill time :o

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I told my wife she needs to layer for warmth. 3 blankets later....:cool:
but she is always cold.. even in the summer... what is it with women get some blood in you

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
splat said:
was $200 last year , just got mine yesterday. $425 Ouch!!!!
I'm in Mass like you and had always had oil rather than gas. The new house my wife and I bought has gas for heat, hot water and the clothes dryer. $455 this past month. Ouch!

That being said, with a new baby we do a lot of laundry, so the gas dryer in getting used quite a bit. Also, with my wife at home all of the time the thermostat tends to be higher during the day. We do all of our laundry in cold water, so no extra hot water usage there. On the flip side our electric bill is perpetually low because the biggest consumers of energy are run on gas. Because of that, the loose budget I use wasn't blown completely out of the water because one offsets the other a bit.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
SkaredShtles said:
Sounds like it's time to turn down the thermostat. :cool:
i leave it at 70 when we are home, 65 once we leave in the morning.. 60 at night.. out house is fully attached so the heat doesnt fluctuate so much thanks to my neighbors

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
so far this season about $600 in oil (just had a $ 250 fill up)....

luckily its been a really warm winter or it would have been much more $$

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
Mine was the same as last years. Except last year I lived w/ the ex who was always cold and this year I've got a hippie roommate who is never home. So the therm. stays at 63.

The house I'm in is small and pretty damn efficient..............and its a former habitat house:D

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Mine was $56 bucks last month, we leave the heat turned off most of the time. When its on, its set around 60. We wear lots of sweatshirts and thick socks.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My gas last year was $100. This year it was $193. I use my gas fireplace all the time. If I didnt use it, I bet the bill would be a lot lower.