Quantcast

Ok guys I need some help.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I have an identiti Dr. Jekyl hardtail set up with one brake and single speed. I just broke the brake arch on the dj3 and its gonna cost $90 to replace. I also have a bighit for big stuff. recently I have been craving a 20 recently. I found out today that I can get a killer deal on a P.Street. I was thinking I could sell my Identiti (i have a manitou six for on it now) and get the P.street. this would be a good middle ground bike. i could use it for my dj and street stuff and my bighit for everything else. What do you monkies think? Does anyone have an official weight on the P.street?

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Get a 20. The P.Street weighs a country ton and doesn't ride nearly as well as a 20", from my experience.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
HRDTLBRO said:
Get a 20. The P.Street weighs a country ton and doesn't ride nearly as well as a 20", from my experience.
yeha, thats really what it comes down to. It will probably cost me more to go bmx route because I wouldnt sell my ID, but i dunno

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Don't get a P Street. I wanted one bad for a while, and then I rode (and tried to pick up) one. It sucked. Like a MTB that's heavy, and a BMX bike that's not manuverable. There's no point. I say get a cheap BMX and then after a month realize it's waaaay harder than it looks and give up like me. ;)

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
I think your identiti w/ 24" wheels and a different fork would be better for urban/dj than the p.street.... and probably lighter too.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
skurfer333 said:
I think your identiti w/ 24" wheels and a different fork would be better for urban/dj than the p.street.... and probably lighter too.
The Identtit is a XL (the longer one) I like it okay, and have adjusted to it pretty well, but it is a really long bike. Everyone I know whos ridden it comments on its length and manualing difficulty. It seems that when I step on other peoples bikes (especially Ps actually) i often feel more comfortable.

skurfer333

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
right on. well ride what feels more comfortable to you. thats the key. if you like p. bikes then ride p. bikes. if not then get something else. its all about rider preference.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Changleen said:
P-Streets are HEAVY. I was shocked when I picked one up.
hell ya'll wanna talk heavy, ride aaron chases older cannondale, the yellow/green one pre signature frame. that has got to be the heaviest hardtail (with single crown fork)i have ever ridden.