Quantcast

OK, here is next seasons ride...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
corey_dcstreet said:
looks fine to me, a few sets of new rubber and you're good to go!
Yeah, those are just on there for urban and in general tool around stuff..

I've had a lot of luck with the Intense 909's (2.5 rear x 2.7 front) in the dry and Maxis Minnions in the wet (2.35 f and r)

Right now I have a 2.35 minnion up front and a 2.1 mobster on the rear...

Like I said, its just on there...I was going to look into some Kenda's..Thought?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Your bike rocks, no need to replace it. I have a near DH capable bike now, lets wear them out at Wintergreen next year.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro

still getting mine dialed in. probably be rocking 909s or Edges as needed. a warmup weekend at WG would be nice. maybe we can run into that corby feller there :evil:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
corey_dcstreet said:

still getting mine dialed in. probably be rocking 909s or Edges as needed. a warmup weekend at WG would be nice. maybe we can run into that corby feller there :evil:
Stirring the sh!t huh? LOL!!!!:evil:

He's ok, just real emotional...

Nice RIDE!! :thumb:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Nice Ride Ralph, now LETS BREAK IT IN!

Corey and Bonedoc, nice looking rides yourselves. Just be careful on that Trek, don't take it beyond its capabilities, hairline fractures are a bitch, I know from experiance :dead:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
Nice Ride Ralph, now LETS BREAK IT IN!

Corey and Bonedoc, nice looking rides yourselves. Just be careful on that Trek, don't take it beyond its capabilities, hairline fractures are a bitch, I know from experiance :dead:
Dude, Monday is shaping up to have a bunch of dued riding...I'll try to get a head count...

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
I'm hoping to race as much 4X and DS as I can, but I'm curious about how the Mass DH course compares to the Wisp DH course in terms of roughness and needing a big bike.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
909s i found are hard to use in wet and the hardness of the thick ass tire doesn't like roots to much because it doesnt mesh to them.

Kenda nevegals are good tires and hookup in anything but they are thin and a man of ur size will bottom the tire on ur rims a lot.

I personally run minion high rollers and been running them forever and love them. Luckily maxxis is now hooking me up so i can run them for cheaper.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I like the FRO's for dry (Tackier and heavier), they REALLY hook up, but they suck in the wet and mud. You can run some low pressures in them too. The Minions work great for me in the mud. Especially the 2.35, thin to win! :thumb:

el_gordo

Chimp
Jun 13, 2004
DC (Da Capital)
What's the front fork??? I'm looking to go from the 7" Boxxer to a 8" fork on my 2004 SGS DH on a budget. The Minnions good for Snowshoe?

And hairline cracks on a Liquid get you a new front triangle -- I caught mine before it got broke in the woods. But I've traded that in on a IH MKIII frame, going to give a stable platform bike a chance.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
It's a Sherman Slider with SPV Evolve... 7" I bought it from Sir_Crackien. he definitely hooked me up!!!

The Maxxis Minions would be perfect for Snowshoe IMHO...

I'd actually like to get a 2.35 rear and a 2.7 front for the next season...

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
Superdeft said:
I'm hoping to race as much 4X and DS as I can, but I'm curious about how the Mass DH course compares to the Wisp DH course in terms of roughness and needing a big bike.
There is definately no need for a big bike at Massannutten. It is very comparable to the Wisp course in terms of dificulty, and roughness. Massannutten is a big longer, by about a minute.

Dan (we all know Dan), beat his time of the FS bike, with his Evil Imperial, last may I believe.

I had no trouble with my 6inch trail bike and a psylo on it, except on the last rock garden... but then again, it's a psylo :rolleyes:

-Mike T

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
BigMike said:
I'll be out of town! I'm out from the 25th to the 2nd. That means i'll have to ride with those DC freaks again :blah:
I'll be up in NOVA the weekend after new years...

Possible hook up there with some folks...:think:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Brunettes said:
I like SGS's but those pre 03's get pretty flexy..I don't think the E. link upgrade is available for the 01/02's?
I don't know. The problem I ran into was the fact that the SGS Expert was designed for FR mainly and DH. So the rear linkage is a bit smaller meaning the face to face is smaller then the DH specific bikes.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
I ran minions at snowshoe this summer all summer long. Tire of choice for sure. Comp 16 is a close follow up.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
cool to seethe bike with the new parts on it. you get any parking lot test on the thing yet?

also it looks like i might be ordering my preston tomorrow if possible.

laters

dan

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Sir_Crackien said:
cool to seethe bike with the new parts on it. you get any parking lot test on the thing yet?

also it looks like i might be ordering my preston tomorrow if possible.

laters

dan
yeah a couple of 2 - 2 1/2 jumps off of a plastic skateboard ramp...

based on that alone, the rear is absolutely plush...However, Ya gotta remember the context.

My son tooled around the back yard with it and I was amazed at how active the fork is. I put in 65 lbs. in the fork, and it seems to be OK...Trial and error......