Quantcast

OK, how was WISP this weekend?

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
the lifts will never be fast...beacuse of design limitations that were set on the lifts they will never speed them up. Sucks

whale

Monkey
Apr 23, 2004
Silver Spring, MD
the lifts will never be fast...beacuse of design limitations that were set on the lifts they will never speed them up. Sucks
by design limitations, you mean summer tourist sightseeing design limitations to enjoy the view of the lake, mountain, and bears??? :crazy:

my money says that the lift runs a lot faster in the winter!!! if not, who the hell would design a lift that runs so slow? someone who is ---> :imstupid:

Aug 6, 2006
Denver, CO
you are mistaken.

the lifts are not slow due to design.

the state of MD wont allow them to go any faster for their summer usage.

Since wisp is the only resort in MD, I'm sure they're under the microscope.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
Actually they do go much(relatively speaking) faster in the winter time. People just move much slower in the summer time. Its the law of energy displacement in relation to environmental temperature. So the ski area must adjust lift speed to compensate for this difference in human speed. It's science!--but really, all they have to do is either push the green button that says fast, or just turn the knob up. Maybe they are just broken or the sightseers complain.

B.

-Diablo opening weekend+mud=fun!

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I went to Wisp on Sunday. The weather looked questionable on the trip down, but it turned out to be a really good day for riding. There was hardly anyone there, maybe a dozen people riding DH.

It was the first time I have gone there, but I was fairly impressed with the trails. All the trails were in good shape, they are pretty well built and have some fun stunts. A little muddy in the morning but started to dry out nicely by the afternoon.

There are a couple new features in the works like a road gap that look pretty sweet.

The lift is fairly slow, but not that much worse than say Plattekill. We were still able to get in plenty of runs.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I think i posted some info in another thread but here is my take on wisp from last weekend. The mountain looks good the trails were fast and tacky basically perfect for leaning turns all day.

The crew looks like they have a good vision with the latest drop put in on the top, looks like god placed that rock there to be dropped to. It would be cool to have a better approach at it so you dont have to haul ass once you get on the platform. Might be cool to have an initial drop before that gives you speed up onto the bigger one.

Also the new log drop steep section shooting down below the lift to road gap looks awesome i like. Get it finished!

I still think wisp needs more extensive trails and flowy features throughout its a great mountain but for me to spend alot of time driving i need a few more trails. Keep up the good work guys!

Here is a quick vid of me hitting the fun little drop on the right side of the mtn last week.

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q283/blueprophetrider/?action=view&current=billyrock.flv

_Bill

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
Thanks for all the feedback.
It's been pretty much myself doing all the new trail building this year.
Thanks to the WVU guys for helping with the maintainence.
Anyone interested in helping may earn a free pass.
E-mail me for more info: theracersedge@comcast.net
I'm planning on being up there the 24th and possibly the 26th. Wanted to do the race(would have been my 1st) but, it seems a wedding is going to take the place of some downhill fun. I'm sure the open bar will help me get through it. I'll shoot you a mail. I'd be glad to lend some help.

B.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Thanks for all the feedback.
It's been pretty much myself doing all the new trail building this year.
Thanks to the WVU guys for helping with the maintainence.
Anyone interested in helping may earn a free pass.
E-mail me for more info: theracersedge@comcast.net
no problem man, I think we met last season at some point...You were coming off the hill and just had gotten done throwing dirt aroudn with the skidster on the jump lines up top.

What is the outlook for the season plans for expansion? More help?