Quantcast

ok, i have a plethora of questions to ask. So if u know anythgn at all, check it out!

L

Lurch..

1) How far below the clamp sleeve on wet one forks does the actual steer tube have to be?
2) Is there any safe way to make it longer? mines about level with the lower stem bolt :(
3) They also make a wheezy sound when the compress and extend. is that normal? the dude said they had new oil and seals in them when i brought them. they also seem to stick a bit, not much really just enuf to be annoying. but if they had new seals im just puttin it down to that.
4) Is a formula rotor ok to use with a hayes caliper? theres only .1mm difference in the width and about 12mm in OD.

Thanks people!

cu~

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
i can only answer your disc brake question as ive never even been near a foes fork

you can use the rotor , .1 mm is nothing
now for the difference in the the rotor, thats tricky, 12mm is too much for it to work properly, the pad will only contact a part, or the other way around actually,
you will need to make an adapter

happy mechanizing..........

v

happy tetrahydro too

strakos

Official RM Complainer
Sep 10, 2001
3rd rock from the sun
ok, so this squishy sound seems to be normal when a fork is built or re-built.
It´s when air is trapped in the damper and it makes squish......squish....squish, until the oil replaces the air in the damper......after some rides.