Quantcast

Ok I have had it with the neighbors dog!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Does anyone know how bad it stinks when a blade spinning at 18,000+ feet per minute, slices and dices a mound of dogsh!t?:help:

I really have to finish putting up my fence! My dog goes in the same place every time, but the neighbors dog comes over just to F with me!!!:mumble:

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
The thread title was a little disturbing. Having read the contents I understand.

Maybe you should crap in the dog's bed, he may understand that?

J

JRB

I think you mean RPMs instead of feet per second, but I hate my neighbor's dog. Actually the dog is gone, but I have to spend a couple of hundred treating the yard for ticks.

R

richcreek

shovel it into a 5 gal bucket and once its full dump it on the neighbors front porch.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
richcreek said:
shovel it into a 5 gal bucket and once its full dump it on the neighbors front porch.
:stupid:

You'd have to add some water to the mix once in a while - dont want it drying out or anything. :rofl:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
JRB said:
I think you mean RPMs instead of feet per second, but I hate my neighbor's dog. Actually the dog is gone, but I have to spend a couple of hundred treating the yard for ticks.
nope I am sure I said what I meant! as listed in the spec's look at the tip speed.
SPECIFICATIONS

Engine Self-propelled BBC Recycler
Horsepower 5.5 HP
Starter Recoil
Crankshaft 25mm
Crankshaft protector 11-gauge steel
Oil Filter Spin-on
Transmission 3 - speed
Fuel Tank Capacity 1 gallon
Height Adjustment 2 position
Tires 8" x 2" steel, semi pneumatic, slanted tread
Ground Speed (Self Propel) 2.0-4.2 mph
Tip Speed 18,000+ ft./min
Height of Cut 3/4" to 3-1/4" in 1/2" increments
Dimensions (H x L x W) 19.25" to 21.5 x 36" x 22"
Emissions CARB and EPA certified
Weight 115 lbs
Side Discharge Optional

dogwonder said:
Or just fling some of your dogs shat over the fence to balance it all out.
that is what I had been doing, but I missed seeing this landmine!:rolleyes:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
JRB said:
Just get some chickens.

They will eat the ticks and then you can eat the chickens.

Everybody wins.

Ok, really only you win. The chickens and the ticks lose.

But, you win a couple of times. :thumb:

J

JRB

brungeman said:
nope I am sure I said what I meant! as listed in the spec's look at the tip speed.
SPECIFICATIONS

Engine Self-propelled BBC Recycler
Horsepower 5.5 HP
Starter Recoil
Crankshaft 25mm
Crankshaft protector 11-gauge steel
Oil Filter Spin-on
Transmission 3 - speed
Fuel Tank Capacity 1 gallon
Height Adjustment 2 position
Tires 8" x 2" steel, semi pneumatic, slanted tread
Ground Speed (Self Propel) 2.0-4.2 mph
Tip Speed 18,000+ ft./min
Height of Cut 3/4" to 3-1/4" in 1/2" increments
Dimensions (H x L x W) 19.25" to 21.5 x 36" x 22"
Emissions CARB and EPA certified
Weight 115 lbs
Side Discharge Optional

that is what I had been doing, but I missed seeing this landmine!:rolleyes:
Great - some lawn mower guy talks about "tip speed" in terms of feet and you are sold. :rolleyes: How does that relate to RPMs??? What exactly covers ft/min??? Why not talk in RPMs??? It makes more sense to people.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I feel your pain bro. Our neighbors (who are renters) two houses down have a little rat terrier that barks at everyone, running into everyones yard and barking for like a half hour. The neighborhood cats love to poop in the mulch around our trees, and evidently rat terriers think cat poop is like a Snickers bar or something.......so there's always mulch all over the yard..........dog turds everywhere.

I can tolerate misbehaved dogs about as well as I tolerate misbehaved children.............not very well.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Andyman_1970 said:
I feel your pain bro. Our neighbors (who are renters) two houses down have a little rat terrier that barks at everyone, running into everyones yard and barking for like a half hour. The neighborhood cats love to poop in the mulch around our trees, and evidently rat terriers think cat poop is like a Snickers bar or something.......so there's always mulch all over the yard..........dog turds everywhere.

I can tolerate misbehaved dogs about as well as I tolerate misbehaved children.............not very well.
Just get some REALLY BIG chickens.

They'll eat the cats and the dogs.

Then eat the chickens.

Again, this is a win-win situation.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
MtnBikerChk said:
do you like your neighbors?
Hmmm, I will guess....um no. I might be wrong but no, I don't think he likes his crackhead neighbors with the wild poo machine. :)

If talking to them doesn't work you can always call animal control or something like that. Question is whether it's a battle you really want to fight or if all it takes is an RM post to make you feel better.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Nothing a BB gun and some target practice won't cure.

Everytime you see the dog craping in your yard......shoot him in the butt. Don't pump the gun to high pressure but enough to sting real well.

After a couple times the dog will associate craping in your yard with a stinging sensation.......

no more pooping problem. ;)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
RhinofromWA said:
Nothing a BB gun and some target practice won't cure.

Everytime you see the dog craping in your yard......shoot him in the butt. Don't pump the gun to high pressure but enough to sting real well.

After a couple times the dog will associate craping in your yard with a stinging sensation.......

no more pooping problem. ;)
It's not the dog's fault. And shooting a crackhead's dog could get you a cap to the dome, cracker.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
OGRipper said:
It's not the dog's fault. And shooting a crackhead's dog could get you a cap to the dome, cracker.
Crack haed never needs to know.....

I doubt the crack head is walking his dog and (not) picking up the poop. :)

All you need is a cracked window and a clear sight on the dog.

no more poop problem.

I guess you could hose the dog down but that leaves evidence. Hard to figure out a BB. It doesn't go in them, just stings the crap (no pun intended) out of it.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
OGRipper said:
That's exactly my concern. The neighbors (single middle aged mom with about 5 out of control 15-21 year old kids living there) in question are a bit shady to begin with, I certainly don't want to start something up with them.

The neighbors across the street from them have complained to them about the dog and a week later had all the glass broken out of their car.........

J

JRB

Andyman_1970 said:
That's exactly my concern. The neighbors (single middle aged mom with about 5 out of control 15-21 year old kids living there) in question are a bit shady to begin with, I certainly don't want to start something up with them.

The neighbors across the street from them have complained to them about the dog and a week later had all the glass broken out of their car.........
I kind of figured the same about calling animal control, but I gave up and Julie called. If they screw with my house, I'll call the cops. If they come over with a gun, I have guns too. I can't imagine shooting someone, but if these folks are stupid enough to threaten me over them not taking care of their dog, to hell with them. The beauty of TX is, if I interpret the law correctly, I just have to feel fearful for my life.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
JRB said:
I kind of figured the same about calling animal control, but I gave up and Julie called. If they screw with my house, I'll call the cops. If they come over with a gun, I have guns too. I can't imagine shooting someone, but if these folks are stupid enough to threaten me over them not taking care of their dog, to hell with them. The beauty of TX is, if I interpret the law correctly, I just have to feel fearful for my life.
Pretty sure your fear has to be reasonable. You can't just say you were scared if the situation allowed you an escape or they weren't really threatening to kill you.

Anyway, I just can't get behind the idea of shooting the dog, BB or otherwise. From what I'm hearing that dog's life probably sucks hard enough as it is.

J

JRB

OGRipper said:
Pretty sure your fear has to be reasonable. You can't just say you were scared if the situation allowed you an escape or they weren't really threatening to kill you.

Anyway, I just can't get behind the idea of shooting the dog, BB or otherwise. From what I'm hearing that dog's life probably sucks hard enough as it is.
I agree. I hope the neighbor's giant german shepard is adopted, but it's highly unlikely that someone will want a giant dog that doesn't behave. I couldn't care less that they ignore him, or he barked occasionally, but the fact that he was covered in ticks and my dog got them, that pissed me off. I don't think animal control made them get rid of him, but they may have helped them wake up to the fact that they didn't need him.

I am just speaking to the neighbor's shooting. I am not worried at all, but if they came in my yard with a gun, that would be reasonable enough cause for fear.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
He wasn't just a twit. He was a complete twat. :D
I wanted to use the "a" in there, but thought that could be misconstrued as offensive. I would assume that if loco left and came back as someone else, they would try to be respectful and mindful of the ownership's requests.