Quantcast

Ok, I must be a rare one around these parts. Hawaiian trail rider.

Mazukea

Chimp
Jan 16, 2013
Hawaii 5-0
I was going to visit the Hawaii section to post about local trails and stuff, but I guess it doesn't exist yet.

Looking at the choices of US regions, I still don't see anyone that fits. Even the International regions are a bit of a stretch.

I honestly want to make this place my new home. Slowly weening myself out of the "other" forum.

Where should I post about the local Hawaii trails?

'Thanks.

:D

Mazukea

Chimp
Jan 16, 2013
Hawaii 5-0
Nobody talks about bikes here. BUT, if you know of any good spearfishing spots on the west side of Maui this time of year, we can talk about that! :thumb:
Sorry, don't know much about the spearfishing on Maui. I could tell you a little about the spearfishing on the Big Island though.

Mazukea

Chimp
Jan 16, 2013
Hawaii 5-0
Ohhh...Cig is famous on the west side reefs. I actually got a mild case of it when I was a kid. Not fun at all.

But yeah, I always get leary when people bring back reef fish from the Kona or South Kohala coast. Most people eat em, but I can get my fish on the east side so I can be choosy. lol.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Howzit Skibunny Wahine!

I'm on the Biggest one.

Big Island. You visited here before?
Negative ghostrider, I've been to Kauai and I cried when I had to get on a plane and leave! One of my bff's lives on Maui though, so I hope to be visiting there soon!

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Ohhh...Cig is famous on the west side reefs. I actually got a mild case of it when I was a kid. Not fun at all.

But yeah, I always get leary when people bring back reef fish from the Kona or South Kohala coast. Most people eat em, but I can get my fish on the east side so I can be choosy. lol.
I named my dog Kona... it works for the coffee, the beach, the beer, AND the bikes.

Mazukea

Chimp
Jan 16, 2013
Hawaii 5-0
Been there a couple of times. Still want to try to ride past the Great Crack down to the sea...

Want to try to circumnavigate Mauna Kea on some of the jeep roads...

Where are you on the island?

Welcome to the :monkey:!

I'm on the east side.

I actually did a 7 hour journey from Mauna Kea down to Kamuela. It's about a 44 mile trek. Awesome ride. I highly recommend it. It's not a hard ride, just a scenic ride that goes halfway around Mauna Kea down to the sleepy town of Kamuela.

I'm on the east side.

I actually did a 7 hour journey from Mauna Kea down to Kamuela. It's about a 44 mile trek. Awesome ride. I highly recommend it. It's not a hard ride, just a scenic ride that goes halfway around Mauna Kea down to the sleepy town of Kamuela.
Do you mean around the east flank of Mauna Kea, off road? I thought that it looked like that could be done from the topos.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
IAb should start a region thread for the Maui, etc isles. Do I have a second?

Oh, and I still hate Paul at Crater Cycles. Dream crusher. Will remember not getting to ride the crater for the rest of my days.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
IAb should start a region thread for the Maui, etc isles. Do I have a second?

Oh, and I still hate Paul at Crater Cycles. Dream crusher. Will remember not getting to ride the crater for the rest of my days.
Second! For all of Hawaii... since we probably all want to ride there whenever our dreams come true and we get to spend time there...