Quantcast

OK I pulled the Trigger on Th xB!

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
So far I put 200 miles on it this weekend wouldve been more but we got snow and ice Saturday, this thing handles like a Go-Cart! It reminds me of my 82' Prelude but with Head Room, I have enclosed a pic from the car lot, Thats my trade in behind it!

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Nice upgrade. Vans are so not in style anymore....unless you have kids and/or you like to shop at Michaels fabric stores all day.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
MunkeeHucker said:
I can fit 1, but I have the roof rack thats on the van, and I have a hitch rack also, deciding witch way to go...

Nice grab, But good GAWD those things are ugly.

I hope it serves you well

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Sweet, keep us posted on how you like it!!!

I like the color, it wont get old... for me silver doesn't get old! you'll wear the car out before you say "you know what I am trading this thing in cause I am tired of this color!"

J

JRB

brungeman said:
Sweet, keep us posted on how you like it!!!

I like the color, it wont get old... for me silver doesn't get old! you'll wear the car out before you say "you know what I am trading this thing in cause I am tired of this color!"
I'm tired of the silver on my Xterra, and wish I had bought the bright blue one.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
stinkyboy said:
Not so fast.

While the aztec was horrible, you could almost argue that some of its hideousness was a result of functionality. Ie, tent in the back, hatchback, etc. But that scion thing, its just horrible for the sake of being horrible. It looks like the Imperial Honda Element.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
BurlyShirley said:
Wow. You bought the ugliest car ever produced. Congrats!
Someone's never driven a XB, and someone's ignoring the amazing mileage and reliability that Toyotas are famous for. Plus when you're driving it you don't see the outside.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
black noise said:
Someone's never driven a XB, and someone's ignoring the amazing mileage and reliability that Toyotas are famous for. Plus when you're driving it you don't see the outside.
..and thank god for that. If I wanted great mileage, Id get some hybrid hona civic or something, not a toaster on 15s.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
While the aztec was horrible, you could almost argue that some of its hideousness was a result of functionality. Ie, tent in the back, hatchback, etc. But that scion thing, its just horrible for the sake of being horrible. It looks like the Imperial Honda Element.
I want this quoted so you can't go back and say this was never said. :nope:

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
SkaredShtles said:
30mpg is "amazing" mileage? :think:
My mom drives one and she gets between 30 and 35. That's pretty good considering average milage of cars today is like 21mpg, and the Scion is about as roomy as a small suv that gets 20mpg. Not many cars get above 30mpg and aren't cramped.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
black noise said:
My mom drives one and she gets between 30 and 35. That's pretty good considering average milage of cars today is like 21mpg, and the Scion is about as roomy as a small suv that gets 20mpg. Not many cars get above 30mpg and aren't cramped.
I'm not talking relative, here.

30 mpg is marginal, IMO.

Apparently we've already forgotten the days of $3/gal gas. :D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
black noise said:
Can we see pix?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i like the mini box vans, popular in japan. it's too bad we don't get the nissan cube imo.

a shot of an xB (aka bB) that i snapped at a car show this summer:

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
MunkeeHucker said:
I can fit 1, but I have the roof rack thats on the van, and I have a hitch rack also, deciding witch way to go...
Seems like the rig is so low that a hitch rack will scrape every time you enter or leave a steeply sloped drive to enter a flat street (that is, unless you have a hitch rack that is elevated above the actual hitch position).

My $0.02

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I think the xB's are pretty cool. I really don't see what looks so bad, asthetically. I like the square style and interior space, especially headroom.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
loco said:
I'm tired of the silver on my Xterra, and wish I had bought the bright blue one.
how long have you had it? did you like the silver in the first place? or was it a toss up between the 2 colors, and the dealer had the silver any you would have had to wait for the blue?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Toshi said:
i like the mini box vans, popular in japan. it's too bad we don't get the nissan cube imo.
I think I read in a couple of car mags that they may bring them in late 06-07... they had pics and they were pretty sweet!!!