Quantcast

Ok, I'm all ready for Spring...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson

I found a killer deal on this frame online (it finally pays to be short!). I've loved the frame since the first time I laid eyes on it at my LBS last year. It's finally time to strip down the Cinder Cone hardtail and build up a dualie! :thumb:Now the snow just needs to melt...

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
Oh, don't worry - it's all over SM as well. :D
S.S. I'm sooo jealous. I haven't even been up once this year yet. :( I get to go up on Sunday this upcoming weekend though. :) Maybe sometime around Christmas we can go up together.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
COmtbiker12 said:
S.S. I'm sooo jealous. I haven't even been up once this year yet. :( I get to go up on Sunday this upcoming weekend though. :) Maybe sometime around Christmas we can go up together.
It'll have to be after Xmas, but it'd be excellent to hook up and get a day in. Do you ever go to Mary Jane? Or maybe A-Basin?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
It'll have to be after Xmas, but it'd be excellent to hook up and get a day in. Do you ever go to Mary Jane? Or maybe A-Basin?
We've got the Colorado Pass, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to buying a day pass for MaryJane/WP. Just be aware that on a snowboard (despite my LOVE for moguls) I might not be up to par as far as SPEED down moguls. (I usually ride all the moguls at Breck/Vail without issue, like truling riding them :p ) :) Shoudl be fun though.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
COmtbiker12 said:
We've got the Colorado Pass, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to buying a day pass for MaryJane/WP. Just be aware that on a snowboard (despite my LOVE for moguls) I might not be up to par as far as SPEED down moguls. (I usually ride all the moguls at Breck/Vail without issue, like truling riding them :p ) :) Shoudl be fun though.
I only hit moguls when there's no pow.

OK - that's a lie. I :love: powder covered moguls.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I love powder covered moguls too. I HATE iced moguls. So really, as long as they're not icy I ought to be able to keep up with you pretty good on them. I mean what, you go up skiing twice a year anyways. ;) :p ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
COmtbiker12 said:
I love powder covered moguls too. I HATE iced moguls. So really, as long as they're not icy I ought to be able to keep up with you pretty good on them. I mean what, you go up skiing twice a year anyways. ;) :p ;)
I still better be able to beat a damn boarder down the moguls. :mad: :p

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
SkaredShtles said:
I still better be able to beat a damn boarder down the moguls. :mad: :p
:p

Don't worry I'm not that fast down them. I think it's stupid when boarders just tear them up, so I make a solid effort to turn between every mogul like a skier would. It just depends on the size and shape of the moguls as to how fast I go.

splat

Nam I am
bluebug32 said:

I found a killer deal on this frame online (it finally pays to be short!). I've loved the frame since the first time I laid eyes on it at my LBS last year. It's finally time to strip down the Cinder Cone hardtail and build up a dualie! :thumb:Now the snow just needs to melt...
Nice !!! Why strip the Cinder Cone , watch eBay and the For sale forums, ( especilly MMcG ) and get teh parts slowly and build that puppy up you have both a Squisy and a Hard tail.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
splat said:
Nice !!! Why strip the Cinder Cone , watch eBay and the For sale forums, ( especilly MMcG ) and get teh parts slowly and build that puppy up you have both a Squisy and a Hard tail.
Thanks, Splat. I was getting a little sick of endoing on a hard tail, so I figured I'd upgrade myself to something that's cushy (before the fall that is).And I'm glad someone finally commented on the frame :)

I'm thinking of slowly converting the Cinder Cone into a SS over time actually, but who knows.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
splat said:
Well , you will have to bring that up here and Visit me, then you can use that to Huck!
Sounds great! And you're always welcome down here again. I think of you every time I get stuck waiting for those damn Rocking Horse Ranch horses to cross the road in the morning! Next time you'll have to leave the cowboy boots at home and come for a riding vacation :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I agree, one bike is not even close to enough

there's 12 bikes/bike frames at my house.....all but 2 are mine

yes, I have a problem :rolleyes:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
robdamanii said:
It's only 80mm.

And besides, I'm going to be picking up a Dawg Primo frame and building a dualie out of my horrendous Trek.

A SS may be in the Trek's future as well....
80mm huh? Sounds like a good SS fork to me and I'm in the market ;)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
bluebug, if you want a fork for the cinder cone ive got a dj3 off of my cinder cone that i no longer need since i have my ridge. im assuming that you have a 16" frame or smaller? ill let it go cheap if you need one.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
gnurider1080 said:
bluebug, if you want a fork for the cinder cone ive got a dj3 off of my cinder cone that i no longer need since i have my ridge. im assuming that you have a 16" frame or smaller? ill let it go cheap if you need one.
yeah, it's a 16"

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
splat said:
he is right i bet by the time spring comes with a little luck and some help from fellow monkies you could bild that up pretty nicely and inexpensively too..
oo yeah.. great frame!!!!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
That is a nice frame - but my parts supply is low right now.

I do have a nice Thomson Stem that would look sharp on that frame - PM me if interested bluebug

The only wheels I have left of the 26" variety are non disc brake wheels and the rear one is missing a spoke.

My spart parts bin is kind of low right now, except for the Thomson stem, and a few other old school Syncros stems.

And believe it or not I'll be down to only one bike in a matter of hours or so. Scary!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
MMcG said:
That is a nice frame - but my parts supply is low right now.

I do have a nice Thomson Stem that would look sharp on that frame - PM me if interested bluebug

The only wheels I have left of the 26" variety are non disc brake wheels and the rear one is missing a spoke.

My spart parts bin is kind of low right now, except for the Thomson stem, and a few other old school Syncros stems.

And believe it or not I'll be down to only one bike in a matter of hours or so. Scary!
It's cool. I think I'll have a cinder cone frame for awhile and put those parts on the new frame because I've already invested in some upgrades. I'll definitely let you know when I'm thinking of building up the Cinder Cone. I'm thinking of a SS right now for it :thumb:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
gnurider1080 said:
A Cinder Cone came stock with a DJIII?!? Now that's scary!! :eek:

Nice frame Beth!! :thumb:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
McGRP01 said:

I was thinking the same! A DJIII. Wow, his Cinder Cone could kick my Cinder Cone's a$$!

But, yeah, I'm really excited about this new frame. It has a Fox RP3 rear shock and a lightweight scandium frame.

I'll probably try to pick up a new airsprung fork at some point, as the Marzocci is a big beefy (but works well)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
McGRP01 said:

no i cracked the lowers on the mz race that came on the bike so they gave me a crash replacement deal on a stronger fork.