Quantcast

OK, Need some scanning help....

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Vista is a pretty spry system, the issue is with the damn drivers....

That being said, I can no longer scan with my Officejet 7110....

Is there some freeware scanning software or something I can do to fix it? I can print, and Vista AND HP says I have the latest drivers.

Any thoughs? (Besides get a Mac, or use Linux??? :p )

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
"No longer scan"? Does this mean you were able to scan at one point with Vista, or you have never been able to scan with Vista?

Your drivers are Vista drivers, right? How did you used to scan (what software did you use)?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
I have never attempted as of yet in Vista. HP has a driver check for VISTA to see if I have the latest drivers, and it indicates it does. To be on the safe side I went ahead and unloaded, and cleaned the registry. I reloaded the driver, and still, no response.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sorry, SK6, lost track of the thread.

Can I assume you have some scanning software?

If so, what happens when you try to scan? Do no scanners exist to acquire from?

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
The response above was certainly meant for humors sake.....knowing full well how busy you are.

I have the stock drivers as of now, which makes me attempt to scan from the photo organization little program of Vista's. Asof right now, HP says there is no scanning software, and that Vista handles all of those tasks, or some such similar crap.

So any freeware scanning software may do the trick, which is the route I was going to go next. It seemed the best way to solve the crappy driver issues.

It seems to me Vista is a pretty spry system once you get rid of all the fluff and crap. The biggest issue I have truly come across is more driver related than anything else. I have also, mostly due to laziness, have become a fan of Tune-up Utilities. I'm running Trend-Micro Internet security insofar as spyware and Virus protection goes. I only use SpySweeper once a week, and do not load it at system start up. Windows defender is not as intrusive as it used to be when it first came ut, so I left well enough alone.

I turned of that accept/deny crap that pops up after I tried to run software, seemed quite a bit intrusive.

FYI, HP Officejet 7110.

Thanks again!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Okay, try this:

http://www.irfanview.com

Download and install.

Open the program, click File, then Select TWAIN Source.

If your scanner pops up in that list, then you're golden and just need some imaging software (hell, you can use IrfanView if you want). If it doesn't pop up in the list, then it's a driver issue.