Quantcast

Ok, new XC bike suggestions, go now!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Holy shit these tires suck for trying to get aggro.

I build it up with the "race build" first though, I have some heavier wheels and tires I'll slap on for more normal stuff.

SDSq4LjcX8APjm9Q0f8g0f0ijEOPOMHrJFctmuVVA4U-2048x1536.jpg

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
who you talkin to?

I've shit talked those things for almost 15 years at this point. Schlob makes the only tire I've ever had in my life blow off a rim going up the face of a rather large jump.

I'm just trying to justify your 100mph. I already know those tires are shit.
I rode Magic Marys for a day last week (not on purpose). I knew I didn't like those things, but had forgotten just how much I hate them. And they were DH/Super Softs, so the least bad version.

Every time they launch a new tire I wonder if it'll be the time they finally put the side knobs on the right way, but I'm still waiting. :rofl:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
stop doing that

they're dangerous
I blew one off the wheel, but I think it was more because the e13 rim exploded than the tire kicking the party off. :rofl:

I've got real tires ready to go on for when I have a real wheel for that bike again.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
all I can do is hop on my dirtbike tomorrow and shake my head at the shit mountainbikers subject themselves to vis a vis the garbage they get sold

glad you're okay
I mean I willingly rode Magic Marys on a DH bike, how okay I really am is debatable.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You got much time on the new bike yet?

There was one I spotted at the finish on Saturday, XX SL Transmission with PM and the Hunt carbon spoked wheels. Can't have been a cheap build.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You got much time on the new bike yet?

There was one I spotted at the finish on Saturday, XX SL Transmission with PM and the Hunt carbon spoked wheels. Can't have been a cheap build.
I've been riding it, a few times a week, short rides usually, but not the kind of stuff I want to do. This week I was supposed to go down south for a work trip and I was planning on getting some significant riding in on it on monday, but I got sick before. I'm gunna try a cross race on Sunday, but that'll be way out of it's league. So far I like it, but I don't have a lot to compare or build on right now. I did transfer over most of my parts, just buying the frame. Ungodly expensive frame, but at least they offered a frame. One thing that's nice is there's no funny stuff, no headset cables, BB is BSA. Two legit water bottles.