Quantcast

Ok,now I’m getting ready for the Mighty Gwin return.

Olly

Monkey
Oct 1, 2015
Last,we know he made 1 million a year before being a owner. So I have to assume he will make more as a Owner?
Based on what? It might be an incredibly lucrative role, but we have no way of knowing. Besides, money isn't everything (although it helps, especially if you drive a mclaren). He might take more personal satisfaction/enjoyment from the team owner role. He might be setting himself up for a post-racing career as a team owner. He might just have fancied doing something different. He might have wanted more control over his destiny. He might have found himself without a ride and had to scramble to start a team if he wanted to keep racing professionally. It might all be a front for his James Bond-style underwater evil empire.

This is a Fact No?
Didn't you just retract a statement because you didn't have enough information to assert it as fact?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
Gwin just wanted out of the YT Mob deal with Martin Whitely. So he started his own team and then he gets to decide for himself what is best for his racing. Wouldn’t you guys also like to be free from someone telling what you have to do IF you had the option?

Many brands work with a team owner/manager who is a separate entity. Specialized doesn’t own their DH team, Laurent DeLorme does. Trek is a factory team. The main advantages to outsourcing team are access to experience and race craft as well as limiting financial risk. As a sponsor you are not required to repair the semi-truck mid-season whereas if you have a factory team then you are on the hook for that unforeseen cost. Make sense?

As a team owner you have a contract just like any other job. Terms…. If you can get the work done under budget then good for you. Most team managers take a pay cut if they want to do something extra for the riders. I believe they are all in it for the racing.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Based on what? It might be an incredibly lucrative role, but we have no way of knowing. Besides, money isn't everything (although it helps, especially if you drive a mclaren). He might take more personal satisfaction/enjoyment from the team owner role. He might be setting himself up for a post-racing career as a team owner. He might just have fancied doing something different. He might have wanted more control over his destiny. He might have found himself without a ride and had to scramble to start a team if he wanted to keep racing professionally. It might all be a front for his James Bond-style underwater evil empire.

Didn't you just retract a statement because you didn't have enough information to assert it as fact?
Olly,when I said this is a fact no? I was trying to say that he crunch’ed the numbers as to being a Owner being Greater than his current Income. Otherwise,it is a Gamble. Sorry to confuse you.

You brought Alot of reason’s to the table which I had not thought of. That is due to my selfish reason’s of just wanting Gwin to get another Win. Thank You
Avy