Quantcast

Ok,now I’m getting ready for the Mighty Gwin return.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I think people were taken back by a guy that never raced bikes at least for a long period just showing up and getting top 10s in WC races. All the while being able to stomp any of them on a Moto. Then since he wasn't was a goof, wannabe rockstar (minus the women, drugs, money), loudmouth tool that was never competitive for the top 3 like many MTB riders are people got their panties in a bunch. These are the same asshats that didn't like NICO......
How many times has that paragraph been through google translate?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
He didn't race a lot this year from what seemed to be minor injuries, perhaps he was playing it down and thing were worse. I wouldn't blame him either way as I can't imagine risk trying to go that fast without 100% confidence. Other than Snowshoe he didn't even bother to go to the races, few injured riders do, but he is the team owner and manager fer chrissakes. Makes it seem like he just isn't into it anymore.
[/QUOT
Funny that the guy most oblivious to facts and opening the discussion with a fanboi post asks for facts. :rofl:
Easy Tiger,I cannot stay on top of All these matters as fast as most of you. That is why I enjoy this Site as it has people in the Know,who may,or may not agree with one another. Which I Love.

Now I am in the know about a Gwin Fact that you may not know? Gary Housman(could be his brother,don’t think so though)Brought Gwin to Yeti.And so it began.

Now about that crank and destroying the team question I am waiting for.
Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
It is interesting that as the owner and manager of a team he didn't go to any of the European races he didn't enter this year.
Brother,I got your post mixed with another response I had sorry for that. Here is what I wanted to say.

I was aware of the Mnger aspect,but not Ownership. I agree with you as a Owner, it is Hands On. How can one be Both? Impossible. I am distraught with this News.

As a Owner IMHO,it is Straight F1 Racing. I don’t get it. What is he thinking?
Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
How many times has that paragraph been through google translate?
Gary,I don’t understand your comment? What does it mean?

I agree 100% on his comment. I could not have said it better. I have never typed such a beautiful paragraph.
Avy

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
I am betting on Gwin coming out swinging on an all new Race Bike from Intense.
No way he signed up for 2 more years on a bike he knows wasn't giving him the best chance at winning.
Fingers crossed

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I am betting on Gwin coming out swinging on an all new Race Bike from Intense.
No way he signed up for 2 more years on a bike he knows wasn't giving him the best chance at winning.
Fingers crossed
I am with you,but this ownership matter has me worried. I know,he can hire a Frenchie,then all these Haten Monkeys will be scratching their head sittin in a Tree?
Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I think people were taken back by a guy that never raced bikes at least for a long period just showing up and getting top 10s in WC races. All the while being able to stomp any of them on a Moto. Then since he wasn't was a goof, wannabe rockstar (minus the women, drugs, money), loudmouth tool that was never competitive for the top 3 like many MTB riders are people got their panties in a bunch. These are the same asshats that didn't like NICO......
Yes Sir.
Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
It is interesting that as the owner and manager of a team he didn't go to any of the European races he didn't enter this year.
Westy, I have been wondering,how is it to my Boy‘s Advanatge to be a Owner? Has any other rider done this? He has travel,lodging,food etc. to pay. I don’t understand How he is to make more money as owner?
Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
He's not your boy Avy
and he's far from the first rider to be their own manager/team owner

after GT folded at the end of the 2001 season and Peaty was left out in the cold he went on to Co-own Royal Racing and manage/co-own the Royal/Orange race team (brendog, Slugger, Donny etc.) and his own gig with more money from Orange.

it's not particularly interesting at all that Gwin didn't travel to Europe when he himself wasn't racing.

Jon summed it up in post #8

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
He's not your boy Avy
and he's far from the first rider to be their own manager/team owner

after GT folded at the end of the 2001 season and Peaty was left out in the cold he went on to Co-own Royal Racing and manage/co-own the Royal/Orange race team (brendog, Slugger, Donny etc.) and his own gig with more money from Orange.

it's not particularly interesting at all that Gwin didn't travel to Europe when he himself wasn't racing.

Jon summed it up in post #8
Thank You for the Peaty info. You miss read what I said about being a Owner. Also the Mnger issue is nice to know. I’m just wondering how being a owner is more profitable?
Avy

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Seriously?

A team rider will (hopefully) recieve a wage, kit, expenses, sponsorship money, perks and bonuses etc.
A team manager will recieve a wage and expenses
A team owner recieves any profit made by the team.
Gwin (by the sounds of it) has taken all 3 roles

I've no idea exactly what you think I misread?

Last edited:

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
Seriously?

A team rider will (hopefully) recieve a wage, kit, expenses, sponsorship money, perks and bonuses etc.

You also forgot to say that you keep all the money at the end of the year. Toby Henderson said that in a podcast interview he did awhile ago. He said he made a ton of money at the end of the year.
I suspect that's what AG is doing.
Also Jeff S was building those frames the way he always did and the new design was not working for AG. Looks like the new Socom that he's building does not have the BB pivot like the last few have had.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Seriously?

Gary,I said “has any other rider done this?”.Which you replied,”he’s not you’re boy Avy,and he is far from being the first rider to be the mngr/owner.” Do you have an idea now What I am talking about?
Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Haven't been paying attention. Has Gwin returned yet?
I’m just over here trying to figure all of this change out for the new season? It has come to my attention that he also wear’s makeup.
Avy

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
This is a damning result.
It would be if not a bunch of people had f-ed with the survey.
I might or might not ride a Specialized e-bike (on pavement only) but hate e-bikes, wear only POC gear and upgrade my bike monthly. ;)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
If anything going by real life mtb shop sales here. 29 is even more dominant than those figures. Definitely in the £1500 and upwards range.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
So wait as the Team Owner you get the leftover funds that are not spent throughout the season that sponsorship gives you? I know these guys are talking peanuts in the dollar department. When I sent out some inquiries to a number of big companies it was nearly $1.5 Million a year to have 6 paid riders and 4 juniors. I feel like you would have to fold that into the following year or at least until the sponsorship was over before pulling money out.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
It would be if not a bunch of people had f-ed with the survey.
I might or might not ride a Specialized e-bike (on pavement only) but hate e-bikes, wear only POC gear and upgrade my bike monthly. ;)
Fuck Specialized. The Evil Empire,Shame on Them,actually it comes from the Top,so I mean Fuck Mike Sinyard. The amount of bike people lives he destroy’ed because he could. He is a hardworking Man that created a Massive Company out of his trunk of his car,and Will. He is on top now,has been for a while. Mad Respect for these Fact’s and his Quality of Bikes over the years. It cannot be argued. Nor can the Damage he did while on that ride.

Do not come back tome with “you think he is the first?” Or “welcome to the real world Avy”. Save it.
Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
So wait as the Team Owner you get the leftover funds that are not spent throughout the season that sponsorship gives you? I know these guys are talking peanuts in the dollar department. When I sent out some inquiries to a number of big companies it was nearly $1.5 Million a year to have 6 paid riders and 4 juniors. I feel like you would have to fold that into the following year or at least until the sponsorship was over before pulling money out.
These are numbers I have been looking for. What is his Team? Rider’s that is. I’m thinking Gwin with new bike,now the owner,need’s a Win and is more content with makin money than a win? There is more to the story.
Avy

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
These are numbers I have been looking for. What is his Team? Rider’s that is. I’m thinking Gwin with new bike,now the owner,need’s a Win and is more content with makin money than a win? There is more to the story.
Avy
I retract some of that statement. I don’t like “more content makin money than a Win”. I’m sorry,that was a stupid statement,and I don’t even have enough Information to make such a Stupid statement. Forgive Me.

Last,we know he made 1 million a year before being a owner. So I have to assume he will make more as a Owner? This is a Fact No?
Avy