Quantcast

Ok RideMunchers, add your fav beer & food local to this map!

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
DA's RF&D
30 taps
300 bottled brands
Cask Ales

http://rfdwashington.com/

edit 20Mar06: Wow, this place really is a sinking ship. The staff is rude, and the selection of good stuff on tap is hit or miss. If I wanted bottles I'd go to the Brickskellar. If I wanted macro-swill on tap I'd hit my neighborhood pub. Recommendation withdrawn. :(

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
I added a few.
First is one of our fav places, John Harvards Brew House in Harvard Square. They have a few franchises spread out but this is the original. Great beer and awesome food with ++nachos. They have monthly brew feasts too
Second is a great seafood joint in Essex MA, The Village. Supposedly they invented the fried clam. Its a bit away from Boston, but its worth the trip.
Third is Turner's Seafood restaurant and market in Melrose MA. Its right down the street from my house and has great seafood and an oyster bar

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
luken8r said:
Nice, We are heading to DC this spring and we may have to hit this joint up
Cool. :thumb: A good way to sample the breadth of their menu is to get a starter plate and/or salad, a half order dinner (pasta dishes are available as half or full plates...half orders are still pretty respectable servings), and then dessert (nutella calzone :drool: ). I'd recommend reserving a table there as the establishment is on the small, intimate side and the tables can fill up fast.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I'm adding Rustico as one to watch. I was there for lunch on a Friday; food was good, service prompt. I've heard dinner can be hit or miss, but the place only recently opened so hopefully they'll get everything ironed out.

As far as I know, this is the best beer selection in Alexandria: 30 taps, 250+ bottles. They also feature a cask of "real ale" nightly. Real ale is unfiltered, and naturally carbonated by adding a little malt or sugar and letting the yeast in the beer do the job. Clipper City Pale was the real on tap when I was there. It was awesome; smooth, creamy head, moderate carbonation, nice balance, and a hop aroma that was like sticking your nose in fresh hops (yes I've done it).

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Done.
Bar Robinson. No music, hard chairs and only one drink is served.....Mutzig. The best beer available, I swear!
Anyone who has been to Morzine and sampled this unique bar will tell you.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
boston, MA...actually, allston i believe, but close enough:

Sunset Gill and Tap
130 Brighton Ave
Allston MA

120+ on tap
440 imported and domestic in bottles
...try all of them, and you get into the beer hall of fame

try the burbon steak tips as well...pretty damn amazing