Quantcast

Ok so how do we convince Bromont to build an "A-line"?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Since Im trading whistler for Bromont, well....it's gonna hurt.

So how receptive do you think Bromont would be to building something like A-line?

And if you've never been to Whistler, YES, it's that good.

Apr 1, 2002
Freezin my arse off!
don't know how receptive they would be...although they did rebuild trail #9 after they blasted the original for a new ski trail.
That's funny you traded W for B... I did the same thing this year...got myself a season pass and a condo next to the lift for the summer... I'm up there every weekend.

peace
brian

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I can't wait to ride Bromont. I had heard that it was good, but didn't have any details until last weekend. Place sounds sick. ~4 hrs from my house and only $28cd per day? Thats awesome!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
james, you'll definitely dig bromont.

as far as putting in an A-Line equiv, not sure where'd they'd route it. and do they have enough elevation? yeah, probably.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
narlus said:

as far as putting in an A-Line equiv, not sure where'd they'd route it. and do they have enough elevation? yeah, probably.
That is what I have been hearing. I talked for awhile about it with Dave T at Snow. Can't wait to try it, but not this weekend I've been to like ten states and driven close to 3,000 miles in the last 4 weekends. This Saturday and Sunday its gonna be eat, sleep, drink, repete.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
narlus said:

I think they do. After all, A-line wastes a lot of its elevation with straight shots downhill to get to "the next section". Even if it were half as long as A-line, it would still be cool.

And the Master's race course from 2001 was like a 4 minute course! (and that wasn't me...those were the fast times).

It would take a little creativity but I think it could be done.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Dont!!!!! keep bromont east coast style not 52 table tops one after a nother.

I went today and they re opened the boomwrang.Its got this crazy new section.Your just riding and boom.You pull up to a cliff.And you gotta ride it down.Its easy and super fun.I did that run like 6 times today just for that line.It must be slippery in wet conditions since its slick rock.

And and you well love bromont for shure hands down.

Also rumour has it they are making a new trail with shore type stuff.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
p-spec said:
Dont!!!!! keep bromont east coast style not 52 table tops one after a nother.

I went today and they re opened the boomwrang.Its got this crazy new section.Your just riding and boom.You pull up to a cliff.And you gotta ride it down.Its easy and super fun.I did that run like 6 times today just for that line.It must be slippery in wet conditions since its slick rock.

And and you well love bromont for shure hands down.

Also rumour has it they are making a new trail with shore type stuff.
What could possibly be wrong with 52 table tops in a row?

Bromont has a distinct lack of jumps and drops....unless I just haven't found them....

An A-Line trail would rock the casbah...

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
O i know were they.Do you know were the 30 foot road is.

Im just saying.Yes it woud be cool to have a z-line styled trial.But dont get bromotn all into flat trails with jumps everywere.Like one trial is cool.But like imagine if bromont had no more rocks,steep desents,crazy slip rock,roots and such.

Woud get so boering.

Thats imo.Witch probly has no significanse to you.Allot of people are saying the same thing " bromont shoud have a a-line" yes shure y not.but if it destroys the east coast style riding wats the point.

Btw ya the jumps are at the bottom wen you come out of the adrenailne theres to way syou can go take the speed way to clear the bridge,or you take then other way witch are the jumps.Drops there are like none.Theres the drop in the world cup thats about it since the freefall has nothing left of it self.And ya in some trials theres the occasionel little drop that pops out of no where and your like o there was a drop back there.

Enyhow i think its cool.About your idea.

Just dont destroy the mountain.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
No drops? That kind of bumbs me out. I'm not a big dropper, but like all the mid-sized stuff at P-Kill. I also like the way they prop up larger slabs of shale to make little launches that send you into natural transitions. I would have no objection if Bromont, or any other mountain, made a trail that was more groomed than the others and had a ton of jumps, so long as the whole mountain didn't get like that. I would be hittin' the real trails like 90% of the time anyway.
Can't wait to try it!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
I'm not talking about paving the mountain. Or even getting rid of existing trails.

Anyway this is all pointless. As I barely have time to even ride anymore, let alone champion a movement to convince a hill to build trails.

I'm just going to have to to to fly back to Whistler a couple times a season!

And I know of a maybe...20(?) foot quasi road gap on the old Master's course at the bottom of the wide open ski-run section. Then you turn right, pedal pedal pedal into the berm......

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Repack said:
No drops? That kind of bumbs me out. I'm not a big dropper, but like all the mid-sized stuff at P-Kill. I also like the way they prop up larger slabs of shale to make little launches that send you into natural transitions. I would have no objection if Bromont, or any other mountain, made a trail that was more groomed than the others and had a ton of jumps, so long as the whole mountain didn't get like that. I would be hittin' the real trails like 90% of the time anyway.
Can't wait to try it!
These are two of the three drops that I know of at Bromont. the other is what I think the "road gap" is...not a very descriptive photo....but whatever.
(Me at Master's 2002)

Attachments

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Bromont has drops in the courses but there not your kinda like 6 foooters....

Enyhow i dont think its useless your post.I think it is a good idea,to not harm the trails allready and just make a fresh new one.

Btw yesterday i saw they were making a little bridge to get over a drop im looks like is super gapable.

If your serious about making a new trail.Talk with Pat Tellier.

Go on www.eastsidefreeride.com ( local montreal,quebec forum) and pm the mod called bacchus.And he can have you set up with Pats email or such.