Quantcast

Ok, so, I'm just going to come right out and ask it!

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
Would anyone like to PM me with some details *cough cough, location* of well, hypotheticlly if they knew of an imaginary trail, which seems to require big bikes. This hypothetical trail might be near, or just south of....well... the name of one of the hypothetical roads Might ryme with "Flyline" and the other road may be a highway who's number is between 8 and 10??

Yeah, I know I'll probably be flamed and e-banished for this very post, but this supposed area is kinda in my stompin ground and I gotta know.

I can keep my mouth shut.

And NO, it's not the damn table mountain poach!!!

sapdesigns

Chimp
Dec 22, 2004
nor cal / sc
Yup, there are alot of trails in that neck of the woods. Good luck on finding your place. I've been riding up there for 8 years, never found anything like that, but then again...i might not be in the club? For some reason, i question how many people know about it...I've seen some of the burliest hardcore downhiller groups riding legal trails. If there was something sicko out there...why wouldn't they be there? I mean, those guys are in the club, right?

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
sapdesigns said:
Yup, there are alot of trails in that neck of the woods. Good luck on finding your place. I've been riding up there for 8 years, never found anything like that, but then again...i might not be in the club? For some reason, i question how many people know about it...I've seen some of the burliest hardcore downhiller groups riding legal trails. If there was something sicko out there...why wouldn't they be there? I mean, those guys are in the club, right?
Well, yeah, that's the $26,000 question. The guys I saw up there shuttleing might have been pussies. You know, biggest bike I can find, for the biggest fire road I can find. We asked them about it, but they were kinda being smart asses about it. Saying they just did table mountain and "almost got caught". I doubt that's where they were riding, but you never know. A few weeks before I saw some guy on a pretty big bike (banshee I think) unloading at Saratoga gap, so who knows, maybe people are just poaching it as a quick local run, even if it's not the most exciting thing out there. :help:

cornholio

Chimp
May 6, 2005
lol! nobody ever wants to spill the goods, especially not on the world wide web, which is perfectly understandable. one can always resort to the age old art of bribery, and if that doesn't work next time follow the shuttle truck. hah.

but yeah, there's got to be something out there. those guys didn't go out there just to ride table mountain. that was a lie.

i never thought i'd say this... but damn banner snow year. all this waiting is killing me.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
cornholio said:
lol! nobody ever wants to spill the goods, especially not on the world wide web, which is perfectly understandable. one can always resort to the age old art of bribery, and if that doesn't work next time follow the shuttle truck. hah.

but yeah, there's got to be something out there. those guys didn't go out there just to ride table mountain. that was a lie.

i never thought i'd say this... but damn banner snow year. all this waiting is killing me.
Next time we'll offer them a nug.

I'm thinking of SDF tomorrow..you game? Maybe late morning??

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
markk said:
Where's table mountain? Saratoga?
Sort of. It's off Skyline blvd, NE from the junction of 9 and Skyline. There are loops you can do up there, going north from Saratoga gap into MROSD reserves, down into the Stevens Creek watershed, and back up. Problem is, up is all you can legally do.

There's a thread over on MTBR in Norcal called Legalize it, or some such, with links to maps.

cornholio

Chimp
May 6, 2005
Damn True said:
You mean the old trail near _______ and _______ that was built by the guys from _______?

Never heard of it.
yeah, that's the one!!!!

why don't you help out a fellow monkey in need of a fix (come on, you know how it is) and pm mvrider with the 411. wink wink, nod nod. throw us a bone or something. it's good karma.

if not, well... damn it... no bone, no karma for you. you guys bring your big 'ol fatty fat bikes and full body armor, and think no one will ever notice? we'll figure it out.... and then we'll post it all over the internet. :eviltongu

lol, just kidding.... extortion never works. come to think of it, neither does panhandling on the internet. did i mention it's good karma to help those less fortunate than you?