Quantcast

OK so Sports Illustrated is officially a joke...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
They have managed make a list of the "Greatest Auto Racing Families" without listing Michael and Ralf Schumacher, and while they were at it they left out Gilles and Jaques Villeneuve. :rolleyes:

J

JRB

They do hot chicks on calendars, so I give them the rest of the year to screw up. If I cared about sports it might be different, but for the chicks, that's cool.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
Echo said:
They have managed make a list of the "Greatest Auto Racing Families" without listing Michael and Ralf Schumacher, and while they were at it they left out Gilles and Jaques Villeneuve. :rolleyes:
That's because they are not lameo Indy or Stock Car racers. I bet the SI editors never heard of the Ermolenko brothers of Speedway notoriety either.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Echo said:
To not include the Schumachers and the Villeneuves is just wrong.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
That is just wrong. I thought I remembered hearing that Michael the most reconized athlete world wide?

I do enjoy working at Lowes and having customers ask me about Nascar racing and infoming them I only pay attention to F1 and WRC. I tend to get dirty looks from my managers when they here me say that:rolleyes:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I wouldn't have included the Schumachers either.

I'd cut the list to 10 and cut off Foyt, Mears, Bodines (eventhough I'm tempted to leave them just because of the fight at Indy) Waltrip, Wallace, Burton, Lazier, Luyendyk, and Bettenhausen.

I'd add Villeneuve.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
DRB said:
I wouldn't have included the Schumachers either.

I'd cut the list to 10 and cut off Foyt, Mears, Bodines (eventhough I'm tempted to leave them just because of the fight at Indy) Waltrip, Wallace, Burton, Lazier, Luyendyk, and Bettenhausen.

I'd add Villeneuve.
Yeah I guess Ralf isn't quite worthy yet. You might consider adding Damon Hill and Graham Hill though.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Echo said:
Yeah I guess Ralf isn't quite worthy yet. You might consider adding Damon Hill and Graham Hill though.
Yeah they should probably be on there.... so instead of agonizing over who to dump, my list is now 11 and better than SI's.

And I'm going to have to add the Flocks because they ran moonshine, Tim won a race with a monkey in the car (Jocko Flocko) and they would be one of the only ones on the list with a woman in the family that raced (though not much).

So my list is now 12. But that's it, no more entries will be accepted.

edit:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
ghostrider said:
Looks like Mr. Schumacher got himself on some new lists this weekend.
"win at any cost". Kinda like when Senna took out Prost to win the title? The line between greatness and obsession is pretty blurred...

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Echo said:
"win at any cost". Kinda like when Senna took out Prost to win the title? The line between greatness and obsession is pretty blurred...
Speaking of Damon Hill, Schumacher punting him in Australia in 1994. And speaking of Villeneuve, Schumacher trying to punt him in Spain in 1997.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
DRB said:
Speaking of Damon Hill, Schumacher punting him in Australia in 1994. And speaking of Villeneuve, Schumacher trying to punt him in Spain in 1997.
Yeah Schumacher definitely has several less than sportsmanlike moments to reflect on. On one hand, it could be said that he could have had the same success without those things, but on the other hand, without such an obsession for winning he would probably not have been so successful. Either way, he's an amazing driver that I'm sick of. I actually stopped going to the GP in Canada a couple years ago because it was boring to watch him wipe the floor with everyone every year.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Echo said:
Yeah Schumacher definitely has several less than sportsmanlike moments to reflect on. On one hand, it could be said that he could have had the same success without those things, but on the other hand, without such an obsession for winning he would probably not have been so successful. Either way, he's an amazing driver that I'm sick of. I actually stopped going to the GP in Canada a couple years ago because it was boring to watch him wipe the floor with everyone every year.
Schumacher would have made a great NASCAR driver, where rubbin's racin'.