ok, this is just nuts

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
www.racerxill.com

<<October 30, 2005

310 Feet!

Motorcycle long-jumper Ryan Capes, backed by Monster Energy, landed a fifth-gear, wide open launch on Saturday night for 310 feet, shattering the new world record by 33 feet. The jump took place at Pacific Raceways in Kent, Washington.>>

I think I might just quit riding now...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Ummm I couldn't find the article or any pics of it....:think:

What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone link to a pic? I am trying to figure out where the heck they did that at Pacific Raceways. My club is putting on a Grand Prix mid Nov....Hmmmmmm :) Yeah no chance in hell.

ANyone recognize what part of the park he did that in? Was in in the fields/grass parking or was it on the MX track somehow?

Rhino

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
I did a copy past of this from another site. I enjoy reading "Key's" monday MX reports and thought this might be of some intrest here.

where's my keyes ? said:
"monster-energy's" ryan capes, a legite cycle flier from washington flew his cr250 310 feet to break my bro trigger gumm's previous record of 277 feet (on a 2-stroke). trigger still has the "flight height" jumping record, jumping from a 24' ramp (to ryan's 11' ramp) and also holds the 500 cc distance record. props to ryan, just 3 months ago, (while attempting this) he crashed "hard" and suffered major internal injuries and bounced back to go "HUGE" yesterday. the videos and still shots aren't not on his web-sight yet, but should be up soon. www.ryancapes.net - :cool: i spoke to trigg today and he said he will let things cool down, let ryan have his due props and he is still planning a stadium jump to jump the entire football feild from end-zone to end-zone (325' in all) - keyes

end zone to end zone....... what will be after that? lol

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Our Local PNW show Evening Magazine had feature on Ryan's jump last night. He almost overshot that sucker....What a nut. His girlfriend is a total Cougar. I seriousy thought she was his mom when the camera panned over to her (not that there is anything wrong w/ cougars)

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...wow - that sh1t was insane.

I've never seen somone more in control of their bike in the air like that before - no squirrely sideways motion - just pumping the gas to level er' out...

...and whoever built that landing ramp should get an award too - perfect grade, well-built, with plenty of run-out.

...how the hell is he gonna jump an entire football field?... He's gonna need tons of space for take off and landing, so that pretty much rules out any indoor stadiums I know of:think: ...unless he wants to land in the mezzanine section.:blah:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
S.K.C. said:
...wow - that sh1t was insane.

I've never seen somone more in control of their bike in the air like that before - no squirrely sideways motion - just pumping the gas to level er' out...

...and whoever built that landing ramp should get an award too - perfect grade, well-built, with plenty of run-out.

...how the hell is he gonna jump an entire football field?... He's gonna need tons of space for take off and landing, so that pretty much rules out any indoor stadiums I know of:think: ...unless he wants to land in the mezzanine section.:blah:
Well he jumped next to the drag strip at pacific raceways. On the return chute.....I will be there this weekend for trail work. I hope it doesn't rain. :(