Quantcast

Ok who wants to help with some bike creativity?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My fiancee and I are going to have a nice older (Schwinn) styled bike hold a wicker type basket for people to put their wedding gifts in at our reception.

Anybody seen any lockable type wicker baskets for bikes? It doesn't even have to be lockable just closeable I guess. Also anybody seen any tastefull decorations for this type situation?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stinkyboy said:
Under the guise of love...

:nonono:
Hey man my wedding is going to be awesome!

So we want to throw a little of ourselves into it, is that so wrong?

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
A bike basket is a wee bit small for wedding gifts isn't it? :confused: How about a rubbermaid taped to a BOB trailer? ;)

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
stosh said:
Hey man my wedding is going to be awesome!
I shouldn't be a prick. You only get married a few times in life, so enjoy yourselves!

:thumb:

Do you mean a basket for the cash envelopes? Pier One's prolly got something you could throw a lock on.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morryjg said:
A bike basket is a wee bit small for wedding gifts isn't it? :confused: How about a rubbermaid taped to a BOB trailer? ;)
Thats what I thought before but my fiancee quickly informed me that people give money AT your wedding and the showers is typically when you get objects.

Maybe we're wrong.. I've only been to one wedding and no showers.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stinkyboy said:
I shouldn't be a prick. You only get married a few times in life, so enjoy yourselves!

:thumb:

Do you mean a basket for the cash envelopes? Pier One's prolly got something you could throw a lock on.
Ha, only a few times!

Yeah maybe pier one would be a good place to look.... funny... that YOU would suggest peir one Mr. Hater.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Like my loafers? Former gophers -
It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
But a greyhound fur tuxedo
Would be best

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
There will be loot to haul from the wedding itself. You could have the bike there for cards and stuff, but to be on the safe side have it right next to a table for the random gifts that show up. It's super cool when people have their gifts shipped to your house or just give them at showers. But, it's not the rule.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I managed to show up for all 3 of my weddings... Get a tables(s) for gifts and they have these silky "bag/large purses" for envelopes, or a wicker jobby for the bikey idea.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Morryjg said:
There will be loot to haul from the wedding itself. You could have the bike there for cards and stuff, but to be on the safe side have it right next to a table for the random gifts that show up. It's super cool when people have their gifts shipped to your house or just give them at showers. But, it's not the rule.
Yeah we'll probably do that.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
stosh said:
Thats what I thought before but my fiancee quickly informed me that people give money AT your wedding and the showers is typically when you get objects.
i tried to convince my wife that we should have registered @ the US treasury.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stinkyboy said:
I managed to show up for all 3 of my weddings... Get a tables(s) for gifts and they have these silky "bag/large purses" for envelopes, or a wicker jobby for the bikey idea.
I have no idea what you just said.

Did you see other weddings with the bike idea I'm talking about?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
i tried to convince my wife that we should have registered @ the US treasury.
I keep telling Aubrey we should register for all kinds of stupid stuff. I guess it's things that I will laugh at but people may actually buy...so she shot all my "funny" ideas down.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
stinkyboy said:
1) Table(s) -----> For gifts to sit on.

2) Wicker Basket on Bike -----> For envelopes to reside in.
Ok gottcha! Makes sense... it would be cool to get a trailer for the bike to put the gifts on.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
it would help get my uhhhh creative juices flowing quicker if you would post a picture of her butt.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know that I have ever seen a bike basket with a lid, but the outdoor store down the road has a fish basket on display. It is the old school wicker one with a hole in the lid to drop your fish into. I would think you could take the strap off and mount it to the bars for the same look.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
it would help get my uhhhh creative juices flowing quicker if you would post a picture of her butt.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BikeGeek said:
Why do you have to lock it, don't you trust your guests?
Like I said, it doesn't have LOCK it just need to have a latch.

I trust my guests but there are a lot of employees there too.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Westy said:
Like my loafers? Former gophers -
It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
But a greyhound fur tuxedo
Would be best
:rofl:

See my vest
See my vest
See my veeeeest

That does sound like a cool idea, stosh. We didn't have anything like that. We had a wedding coordinator, and when someone handed me an envelope, I'd hand it to her and tell her to bring it to our room like a good little slave.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BikeGeek said:
Why do you have to lock it, don't you trust your guests?
We went to a wedding in Albany and someone stole a whole bunch of envelopes, including the one we brought that had $100 cash. From now on, we always write checks.

How friggin sickening to steal wedding gifts. :nonono: And the groom had to call everyone they didn't get a gift from to see if theirs was stolen. How awkward must THAT have been?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
We just purchased our cake topper.

They didn't have one with the girl grabbing the groom by the nutts so we went with this one.