Quantcast

Ok, who was smart enough to buy Google stock?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
that was one really cool thing about Google...they didn't kiss ass and kowtow to the brokerage houses dunring the IPO (ie, they let actual Joe Schmoe have a chance at buying some of the initial offerings, rather than doling out chunks of buy options to the brokerages who pass them on to their best clients).

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I currently own a dozen.

500 would be retarded, even at the original IPO price. It jumped $100 on the first day, as they had devalued it just before they went live. Figures that it would stabilize at the original asking price.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Transcend said:
I currently own a dozen.

500 would be retarded, even at the original IPO price. It jumped $100 on the first day, as they had devalued it just before they went live. Figures that it would stabilize at the original asking price.
I love Google, but I see the Japanese are trying to muscle in with a large consortium. I imagine it would take a while for this to have any real effect, but if anyone has a chance of being a worthy adversary to Google, a consortium of Japanese IT companies would be a prime candidate. Keep an eye out.

Google rules in the mean time!
"Don't be evil"