Quantcast

Ok, who's gonna be the first Monkey to get one of these?

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I've hated mustangs for a long time. But I have to say this one catches my eyes. Unfortunately it's only because it reminds me of the old muscle cars. With that said I think it will be a fad. It's cool now with being all retro and all, but that will fade in about 6 months. Just like the gay a$$ T-bird.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
N8 said:
At least the 05's don't look so much like chick cars as the last generations have.
LOL - I bought one only b/c my wife liked them so much... and I HATE it!

Going to get rid of it as soon as I can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
either and old school 50's chevy truck= 502 crate motor, supercharger, blower, slam to the ground, drag slicks and ill kick your ass at the track and thats only the beging.

or new school srt 10= really short wheel base, but its got a viper engine in the thing you cant go wrong.

:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: fords suck balls. stay away from them.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
me89 said:
either and old school 50's chevy truck= 502 crate motor, supercharger, blower, slam to the ground, drag slicks and ill kick your ass at the track and thats only the beging.

:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: fords suck balls. stay away from them.
A super charger and a blower are the same thing.

Fords work fine, every car company has its problems, but don't say fords suck balls If you never owned one :stosh:

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
AHAHA someone espousing the merits of DODGE has the gall to say ford sucks. Ford does suck, as does dodge. For 150g, which is what the GT is supposed to cost, there are several better options. GT3 or 360 challenge stradale (99g and 190g, respectively) would be my picks. While the GT crushes both these cars in acceleration, it will never have the soul or driving dynamics or a porsche or ferrari. The GT does give you awesome acceleration and handling numbers for the cost, most of its close performance competitors cost more than twice as much (Carrera GT, Saleen S7 :drool: , enzo), but its still a Ford. As far as the mustang, it does look much better now, but it's still a piece of crap. STI or 350Z takes the win in that category.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
me89 said:

or new school srt 10= really short wheel base, but its got a viper engine in the thing you cant go wrong.

:confused: You'll also get about 7 miles to the gallon, be replacing parts before 30k and spend as much as you would on a new stang (if you do it right).

Personally I dig the new stangs. On a somewhat related topic, the VP here got an 04 fully loaded supercharged Cobra SVT. Its frikin sweet, puts 400hp to the rear wheels stock and is modded with a larger boost and now apparently puts down between 550 and 600 hp. He says it will blow the pants off his old 03 Vette. Say what you want about fords... that is a sexy car.

GeoffW

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
No 'stang for me...I'm happy with my new ride we picked up last month that's in the shop right now getting tricked out....05 SRT-4 in black. I don't want any bling bling crap, want it plain simple, and really black. Mopar Stage 1-3 are going in this weekend..expecting to get Stage 4 by year end. Stage 3 will net us 300 hp, 4 will take us to 355. The car box stock is crazy fast already. G-Tech says 0-60 in 4.9 with almost empty gas tank and 210 lb driver on board.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:stosh: to you for bumping useless old threads...

...I still think the new Mustang looks cool, but the whole unrefined power thing just doesn't do it for me. I'd rather have less power and better handling (not to mention a little road-noise insulation).