Quantcast

OK who's heading west for Mammoth/ US Nat Champs

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Msisle Dad said:
Morgan is going for MTX, Matt Slater is going, who else?

Chas
bleah. i was gonna go out there for XC, but ended up not being able to afford it... :(

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
He had a bad bobble in the second to last turn on the course, lost momentum and put up a time that was only good for 18th. they took 16.... :nopity:

We have some pretty good footage from practice and qualifing. If i ever figure out how to post it i will.

Chas

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
Bah, NORBA needs to qualify everybody unless its above 64 riders. You go all that way, and spend all that money, and they don't let you race. It's not like they have too many riders to run the races.

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
DHanamal said:
Bah, NORBA needs to qualify everybody unless its above 64 riders. You go all that way, and spend all that money, and they don't let you race. It's not like they have too many riders to run the races.
I completly agree with you. Many times this summer Morgan has had friends travel cross country, get sick/hurt/bad run and not qualify. I spoke to Jeff Frost about this by phone on friday. He heard me out but couldnt do anything about it. It's part of the current Norba rules.

In MTX seeding is important, but at 64 racers and below they can issue buys to the top qualifiers till they even the brackets. Im not really sure why having a cut is so important.