Quantcast

Ok....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Final revision for the Tqalu signs.

Thanks again to Tony Boyd for the modern native digital artwork. And thanks again for Center Cycle for the generous donation to help make these signs a reality.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13792901@N07/sets/72157607997571964/

These signs have probably been the most challenging aspect to the design of the trail. i'm very happy i was able to keep pursuing them to this point. Always seemingly close to getting buried for whatever reason, i'll gladly thank those who assisted me in the process that has lasted for a year.

i'm very happy and hopeful these signs will help and enhance the community with education, and information. As well celebrating and representing artistically the appreciation mountain bikers have of not only our local community, but of our local lands. Illuminating this to others as well as providing non-riders a bridge of understanding and insight of what many of us are about, and what we're doing.

Shown signs are not full resolution, and any further feedback will likely not result in any further changes.:)

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Yea, so I was there yesterday and didn't see any signs. I had no idea how to ride my bike over the obsticales...:(

T.Rex

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Hey, I see there's a picture of a lady riding her bike on the sign; who is the lady in the picture? come on, I know you know who it is:biggrin:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hey, I see there's a picture of a lady riding her bike on the sign; who is the lady in the picture? come on, I know you know who it is:biggrin:
Actually i don't know her. She was on an Alston ride for the club a few years back, i rode in from the other side of the mountains on a solo ride. Met the group at the lake, i asked her if i could photo her, and the shot turned out really nice.

For the key i took a close look at some shots i took in Galbraith, and Klone Peak, but they wouldn't have worked as well as this photo.