Quantcast

Okay, I am ready for another three days off...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
After resetting passwords all morning for the goldfish that work here, I am ready for another long holiday... :(

WTF is it so hard for people to remember a freaking password?!? :mumble:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Tenchiro said:
After resetting passwords all morning for the goldfish that work here, I am ready for another long holiday... :(

Well when it has to be 10 characters long, not be a word, have at least one capital letter, special symbol, and a number... plus can't be based on a previous password for the last 12 months... it get hard to remember them after a couple of days....

:dead:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My new company requires pw's to have an upper-case letter, a lower-case letter, a numeral, a non-numeric character, 8 characters minimum, and must start and end with a letter. And a 90 day turn around.

I resorted to writing it on a post-it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Passwords are easy to remember, combination locks on the other hand have screwed with me all my life.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
sanjuro said:
My new company requires pw's to have an upper-case letter, a lower-case letter, a numeral, a non-numeric character, 8 characters minimum, and must start and end with a letter. And a 90 day turn around.

This is how my company is too. It's impossible.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
N8 said:
Well when it has to be 10 characters long, not be a word, have at least one capital letter, special symbol, and a number... plus can't be based on a previous password for the last 12 months... it get hard to remember them after a couple of days....

:dead:
Except that I have 25+ accounts like that and have no problems.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Tenchiro said:

HAHHAH i feel your pain, i am an admin for one of the software products we use here and get all the same requests...i wish people would maintain a .txt file with that info...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
sanjuro said:

That's how my company is. Except that since we are a hospital and deal with patient medical records you are not allowed to write your password down. If we see your password on a post it we are supposed to report you to the HIPAA compliance hotline so they can fire you.

I tell people this... Don't blame us, blame your elected officials. Our password rules are because of the HIPAA Act.
Tenchiro said:
Except that I have 25+ accounts like that and have no problems.
Yeah, being the IT guy I have waaaaaaay more passwords and accounts to remember than most people. And if I can do it so can the end user. They get no sympathy from me.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Heidi said:
This is how my company is too. It's impossible.

Same here... Needs Cap, non-cap, number, symbol, 7 characters, no repeats of old ones, and change every 90 days.
:mumble:

Bike names woor good though. V-10.... Str8-8 then add in a name or something. V-10rocks