Quantcast

okay new urban dirjump frame

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
okay guys im comming to my fellow monkeys for some help. you guys have come threw for me in the past so i come to you.

i have a few requirments about the frame though so here they are.

i want to keep it cheap (no more than about 300 dollars for the frame). also i want to keep it traditional in the fact i want about 100 to 130 mm in the front from a sc fork, and i want it to have a 9 speed rear so. it will be used also for entry level trials and deffinatly riping up asheville on it. it needs to be able to fit 26 in tires in the back.

so thanks for the input fellows (ohh and either post picks or put links to the website.)

i also want just the frame not a complete build

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
a soul titan, im lovin the hell out of mine. they will also be releasing a trials frame for '05. you live in black mountain? if so i can just let ya test ride mine. set up with a 4 inch '04 dirt jumper 3.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
i dont live in black mountain i live on riceville road but man if you can bring it to epic or something i would love too. im not going to get it now cause i just finished my dh rig but for future info i just wanted to know. i was actually thinking about the titan cause its cheap and its such a badass frame. so thanks man.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
im good untill about 5:30 tommarow so if you can get there around 4:00 or 3:30 ill meet you there man. hey i appreciate it a lot.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i can be there at 3:30. who do i ask for?the only person i know up there is allan.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
i dont work there its just an easy place to meet that everyone knows. so i will just meet you there in the shop unless you know a better place to meet.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
hey dude sorry something came up that i have to do tommarow so i cant make it to epic thanks man for the help and ill just ride it another time.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
i was thinking azonic but they just look a little bit week. i mean look at that top tube. im sure its strong and everything but i want something that looks alot burlier. also i want something that has a lot more slack geometry. and waiting till december is cool i still have to pay off my sgs

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
wtf eric? you just finished your DH bike like last week and now you're wanting to build up a hardtail? :nuts:

he's like $1,000 in debt right now, so he could wait till december to get a frame for sure. i think that the soul titan is a good choice for what you're looking at.

when you take me dirt jumping next saterday, you should ride my hardtail on some jumps or something before you decide that you wanna build up a 3rd bike. if biggins could get out there so you could jump his titan a few times that would be cool too...

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
oh yeah...i also think that you should sell your hardcore XC bike, and build up this hardtail so it's not DJ specific. so that you can take on some of the trails that you want when you arn't riding your SGS.

like you'd go on a full XC ride anyways now that we've got you hooked on DHing with a big bike... :rolleyes:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
well we will be at the dirtjumps next saturday and maybe this evening around 5:45. i'll have the soul there. i could also be convinced to go tomorrow, although i dont know hoh dirt jumping is gonna feel on the arm.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i like my titan a whole lot more than i liked the p series bike by the way

InsaneP2Rider

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
biggins said:
i like my titan a whole lot more than i liked the p series bike by the way
haha...well...i don't blame you. i'm happy with mine right now and i'm gonna keep it for a while because i don't have money to get a new one

tomorrow would not really work out...because eric will not be able to make it to get the test ride

next weekend :thumb:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
werd, i think he is going on the Brown Mountain Big Bike Death March with us saturday then we will go to the dirt jumps if we are not dead.

p8ntman496

Chimp
Dec 4, 2003
you may want to try a snipes elemental. They are mabye just a little but more than what you want to spend but for the money there is not a better frame out there. I am not sure but I think shipping is free. www.snipesbicycles.com

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
They are making a True Temper CrMo Freeride/DirtJump frame, but no word on when it's coming out..................

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I know you said $300 or less. I just couldn't resist this one. Just ordered it today and in this color from Go-Ride. Should be here Wednesday.