Quantcast

Okay performance WTF ?

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Well last weekend I broke my rear derailler hanger on a drop, and took it in the next day to the performance bike where I got the bicycle. The bike at this point was less than a week old.

We went through all the paper work, and I was told that they did not have the hanger in stock, but they would have it on monday (it was saturday when I went in with the bike) and it would be covered under warranty.

I called up during lunch today just to see how my bike is coming along, and I was informed that the part wasn't supposed to be there yesterday, that it is going to take 3 weeks to get the part.

WTF ?!? 3 damn weeks to get a derailler hanger just so it is covered under warranty ?

Okay, I'm done ranting. I'm just pissed that I'm going to miss out on several more rides because performance has my bike. If I get the part do you think they'll let me get my damn bike back so I can fix it myself ?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Either the frameset I bought came with an extra hanger or I pilferred it off a broken swingarm sent back for warranty replacement. That way, I always had a spare in my camelback. Having spares also made frame resale easier whether it be a '96 StumpJumper or an '02 Joker.