Quantcast

Okay you thin people are going to die or why exercise is important..

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18594089/
If it really is what’s on the inside that counts, then a lot of thin people might be in trouble.

Some doctors now think that the internal fat surrounding vital organs like the heart, liver or pancreas — invisible to the naked eye — could be as dangerous as the more obvious external fat that bulges underneath the skin.

“Being thin doesn’t automatically mean you’re not fat,” said Dr. Jimmy Bell, a professor of molecular imaging at Imperial College, London. Since 1994, Bell and his team have scanned nearly 800 people with MRI machines to create “fat maps” showing where people store fat.
According to the data, people who maintain their weight through diet rather than exercise are likely to have major deposits of internal fat, even if they are otherwise slim. “The whole concept of being fat needs to be redefined,” said Bell, whose research is funded by Britain’s Medical Research Council.
Experts have long known that fat, active people can be healthier than their skinny, inactive counterparts. “Normal-weight persons who are sedentary and unfit are at much higher risk for mortality than obese persons who are active and fit,” said Dr. Steven Blair, an obesity expert at the University of South Carolina.

For example, despite their ripples of fat, super-sized Sumo wrestlers probably have a better metabolic profile than some of their slim, sedentary spectators, Bell said. That’s because the wrestlers’ fat is primarily stored under the skin, not streaking throughout their vital organs and muscles.
And remember now that summer is here.... tanned fat is muscle.

Mar 26, 2007
New Zealand
yeah i eat HEAPS! But I'm little, cos i exercise and my metabolism works. But yeah, people who diet and dont exercise are just at serious risk of damaging themselves. Besides ... why would anyone want to give up chocolate?! :) hehe

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
So now all those fat ugly chicks can not only so they're beautiful on the inside but thin on the inside as well?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my guess is that the vast majority of people who are fat on the outside are also fat on the inside. corner cases do not define the norm.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
my guess is that the vast majority of people who are fat on the outside are also fat on the inside. corner cases do not define the norm.
Yes but the nice thing is that now the skinny people are also fat. Or something like that.

Of course the only person who is truly not fat and in shape is this guy...