Quantcast

ol' Kanye...oi

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
A lousy job in relief, yes? A charge of racism, it is like a Republican plant. Instead of getting mad about the poor job, now people are indignent over a non-issue, race, and the attention is diverted.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
seems to me like he was ranting from the heart... clearly very emotional.

sanjuro, why do you see race as a non-issue?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dump said:
seems to me like he was ranting from the heart... clearly very emotional.

sanjuro, why do you see race as a non-issue?
Did the federal gov't drag their ass because they are incompent and unprepared and , or because Bush is prejudiced against blacks?

I hate Bush and I think he blew it in New Orleans, but I don't think he is racist. Just ask Condelezza Rice about it...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
A little from column A, a little from column B.

As individuals (you mentioned Rice) I'm sure he gets along swell with people who aren't white. Having said that, I'm also sure that he gets along just swell with Cheney's daughter. I hardly think he points at her when she enters the room and screams "She's a dyke!"

Having said that, he's got no problem with policies that hurt both groups as a whole. (To get an example of both of those, his appearances at Bob Jones University serve to illustrate.) The bigger issue is that none of the people in the Superdome are campaign donors...but that also ties back into race to some extent.

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Do I think the Govt. seriously underestimated this storm and it's effects??? YES!!! Do I think that Bush is a racist, obviously he is not, but do you think that any of those people you saw at the convention center voted for Bush??? How many of the people in the Superdome were Bush's "Pioneers"???
While people want to portray this tragedy as a race issue, the fact is that most all the affluent people had access and the means to get out and so they did. The lower income people did not. And the fact is that most of those lower income folks just happen to be black. So politicians jumped on the news footage and made it out to be something it is not. The bottom line is that with a city flooded and most infrastructure in ruins it took a few days to mobilize the massive amount of supplies needed to feed so many displaced people. I think most of the blame lies with the Governor and the state of Louisiana.....but there will be time to find blame....right now it's time to help. And idiots like Kayne West spouting off ignorance only adds fuel to the fire. WAKE UP PEOPLE, THIS IS NOT A RACE ISSUE! IT'S A LOGISTICS NIGHTMARE....

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
It's not a race issue. It's Bush gutting the Army Corps of engineers, not giving theom the money to shore up the levees thay've been asking for. It's Bush and DHS gutting FEMA and telling to ignore natural disasters, they're only to concentrate on Terrorist scenarios now. It's DHS not letting FEMA send advance teams to the area, and prestage equipment. It's Bush not giving a bleep.

In short Bush is like the reactionary manager of a fast food resturant. As long and nothing happens it's all good. Run out of fries and he's got the entire crew cooking fries in panic mode, while the place runs out of burgers and there is no one to take customer orders, because he downsized, and got rid of the competent employees. At the end of the day he wonders why the resturant is dooing poorly.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
No, I agree that racism is too openly accepted. Many of my role models talk badly of the situation in racist verbage. Meanwhile throwing in the token "I'm not being racist, there are white people down there too."

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
So if it were a bunch of rich white folks you think it would have taken 4 days to get some help in there? Until you can answer that question, you can't put the race issue to rest.

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
the Inbred said:
can you even come up with a reasonable response to that question?
A former general interviewed on CNN stated that military forces could have been in New Orleanse within 24 hours. So the question is, what would it have taken to get that kind of response? I am guessing that if it were Bush's campaign contributors trapped that the entire fury of our armed forces would have descended on the city within a day.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
mserko1 said:
kanye is telling the truth, the National guard is to fire at will. If george bush cared , then he would do some **** about it.
do something about it?!! do you have any idea what it means if the nat'l guard has been called to your town? PEOPLE WERE BEING RAPED AND MURDERED IN THE STREET and most of the police were overtasked as it was, although, they did what they could with the limited ammo and supplies they had. Just because they are given the green light to shoot does not mean they can just pick out at random who they want to shoot. they have to follow the same use of force guidelines as law enforcement, "to protect themselves or OTHERS from imminent threat of serious bodily harm or death".

i suppose your view would be different if your wife/daughter/mother was being raped and beaten by some friggin worthless lifeform that prey's on the weak and helpless. looting for necessity i can understand, raping and murdering or just harming others in a time like this is unforgiveable in my book and i hope that the weekend warrior nat'l gaurdsmen listened well in marksmanship training :dead: i mean, at least a terrorist is fighting for a cause, i can respect that point of view regardless of whether i agree with it.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
BeerDemon said:
A former general interviewed on CNN stated that military forces could have been in New Orleanse within 24 hours. So the question is, what would it have taken to get that kind of response? I am guessing that if it were Bush's campaign contributors trapped that the entire fury of our armed forces would have descended on the city within a day.

Maybe the active duty military, but no way the National Guard could mobilize that fast. AD is not supposed to be used for this purpose, I dont think anyone imagined rape pillage and plunder as the status quo after an event of this magnitude. I dont remember anything like this in the was of Hurrican Andrew. Why would you throw people with guns into that situation from day one? It doesnt make sense, the local first responders were obviously and in retrospect i might add out matched. knowing what we know now the govt. might have reacted differently.

BTW Bush isnt up for reelection, so I dont feel that he thinks in terms of voter support and who contributed money to him. Some of you guys just sound bitter about bush being president. Save it, get out and vote next time around and make sure your horse wins.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Racism doesn't have to be overt to be present. While I'm sure Bush has no great love for black people I don't think he went out of his way to harm them. Rather Bush and his ilk (on this forum Manimal, RTF, N8 and so on) have a sort of compassion malaise where they are unwilling to consider the urban poor and more specifically the black urban poor as worthy or deserving of help. This attitude leads us to believe there's nothing we can, or more correctly, should do to help them. This mind-set helped cause the situation where the greatest possible urgency was NOT put on helping the people in NO until the horse had bolted.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
BeerDemon said:
So if it were a bunch of rich white folks you think it would have taken 4 days to get some help in there? Until you can answer that question, you can't put the race issue to rest.
Honestly, if you care so much, how come this site will not filter out a simple six letter word? Begins with a n, ends with a r, and gets thrown around by some people who inhabit the PD forum.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
BeerDemon said:

Of course not. Rich people are potential political donors, they would be put up in the Lincoln bedroom at the Whitehouse regardless of their color, as long as they were on the republican donor list.

Really I think the biggest issue is Bush's one track mind. Not to insult an animal, but he's like a ferret, once he's fixed on an idea that's all that matters. For several years now he's been hopping around yelling "terra-rist terra-rist" "9-11 9-11", "Saddam Saddam" and gutted the federal budget to support the war in Iraq, including FEMA. He completely forgot he has a country to run and natural disasters are a lot more common than terrorist attacks. I think he was probably on vacation, saw the news of New Orleans and had a conversation something like this:

Bush: "That's terra-able, someone should be helping them".

SS agent: "Uh... Mr. President, that's your job....."

Bush: "Really??"

SS Agent "Well you are President of the United States of which New Orleans is a part."

Bush "Ohh..."

SS agent : "Shouldn't you call someone?"

Bush: "Who??"

SS Agent: "Mr. Brown at FEMA?"

Bush: "But they're part of DHS and just handle terra-ist responses. I don't have anyone who handles stuff like this...."

SS agent: "......anymore"

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Reactor said:
Of course not. Rich people are potential political donors, they would be put up in the Lincoln bedroom at the Whitehouse regardless of their color, as long as they were on the democratic donor list.
Like Clinton?

DirtyDog

Aug 2, 2005
stevew said:
Honestly, if you care so much, how come this site will not filter out a simple six letter word? Begins with a n, ends with a r, and gets thrown around by some people who inhabit the PD forum.
I can always count on you to make a stupid comment unrelated to the current conversation.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
valve bouncer said:
Racism doesn't have to be overt to be present. While I'm sure Bush has no great love for black people I don't think he went out of his way to harm them. Rather Bush and his ilk (on this forum Manimal, RTF, N8 and so on) have a sort of compassion malaise where they are unwilling to consider the urban poor and more specifically the black urban poor as worthy or deserving of help. This attitude leads us to believe there's nothing we can, or more correctly, should do to help them. This mind-set helped cause the situation where the greatest possible urgency was NOT put on helping the people in NO until the horse had bolted.

New Orleans is 80% black and has been governed by democrats for 60 some-odd years and has one of the highest poverty and crime rate in the US. Apparently being governed by democrats ain't the Panacea you liberals would like the rest of us to believe it is. NO is a prefect example of how the democratic party takes advantage of minorities by making them helpless through a never ending stream of government welfare programs in order to stay in power. These programs don't provide a stepping stone out of poverty at all... instead it makes poverty a tolerable trap from which there is little motivation to exit. And as long as the democrat party masters provide the welfare, they can count on getting elected.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
the Inbred said:

'THE BIG BOO' CROWD HISSES KANYE WEST
Fri Sep 09 2005 10:30:28 ET

The chart topping hip hop rapper star who used a network hurricane fundraiser to charge "George Bush doesn't care about black people" was loudly and lustily booed during last night's NFL kickoff show.

The appearance of Kanye West, who was beamed into the Boston stadium via remote from Los Angeles, received a strongly negative response from the crowd.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
N8 said:
New Orleans is 80% black and has been governed by democrats for 60 some-odd years and has one of the highest poverty and crime rate in the US. Apparently being governed by democrats ain't the Panacea you liberals would like the rest of us to believe it is. NO is a prefect example of how the democratic party takes advantage of minorities by making them helpless through a never ending stream of government welfare programs in order to stay in power. These programs don't provide a stepping stone out of poverty at all... instead it makes poverty a tolerable trap from which there is little motivation to exit. And as long as the democrat party masters provide the welfare, they can count on getting elected.
More Repub doublespeak. How can poverty be "tolerable"? These soundbites are often heard from people who have never had to endure poverty. You're right on one front though N8, the democrats certainly need to share some blame. All through the political spectrum the real will to alleviate poverty is sadly lacking. After all, I guess the poor don't vote.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
valve bouncer said:
More Repub doublespeak. How can poverty be "tolerable"? These soundbites are often heard from people who have never had to endure poverty. You're right on one front though N8, the democrats certainly need to share some blame. All through the political spectrum the real will to alleviate poverty is sadly lacking. After all, I guess the poor don't vote.

How can poverty be tolerable? Hell if I know, but an awful lot of people in the welfare system don't want to leave it.

Maybe it's the free (to them) healthcare, the free (to them) food stamps, the free (to them) housing...?

And in Jefferson Parish, La both the poor and the dead vote... early and often.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
BeerDemon said:
I'm starting to wonder the same thing...D

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
N8 said:
And the republicans are doing something different and better?

At least the Democrats try to help out OTHERS.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
BeerDemon said:

Looked to me like there was some white faces in the crowd....

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Slugman said:
And the republicans are doing something different and better?

At least the Democrats try to help out OTHERS.

No they don't. They want to stay in power even if it means creating a society completely and totally dependent on the 'government' for their every need.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
stevew said:
The word nigger makes you uncomfortable? To be honest, it doesn't bother me. I don't put people into a nigger/not-nigger basket though. And I don't use it casually in day to day conversation. When I use it in a post, I'm not doing to be cute. I'm doing it to make a point.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Slugman said:
You're either one of the best at trolling, or a total moron...

Not to mention that NO only has a vastly larger minority population.

I still don't see where this is a race issue at the federal level anyway. Might be at the state/local level but I'm even not too sure about that.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
N8 said:
Not to mention that NO only has a vastly larger minority population.

I still don't see where this is a race issue at the federal level anyway. Might be at the state/local level but I'm even not too sure about that.

The issue of class and race are intertwined if you want to believe it or not. And the issues of the haves and have-nots is most certainly an issue at the federal level. I hope for yourself anyway, you can agree that it is a much more important than issues like firearms, abortion, stem-cells, people in vegetative states, etc.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
N8 said:
No they don't. They want to stay in power even if it means creating a society completely and totally dependent on the 'government' for their every need.
Typical rightwinged response... question not answered.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
N8 said:
I still don't see where this is a race issue..
Neither do I... in fact I cringed when Wolf Blitzer brought on some dude who was claiming it was a race issue. I shook my head as I could hear people all across the country changing the channel to FOX.

However your comment about seeing a bunch of white faces too still stands as idiotic.