Quantcast

Old company back in it?

Shmoe

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Calgary, Canada eh?
With all of this talk about Canadian hardtail laws. I think I know of the solution. Bikecontrol should simply re-introduce the 'Shockster' as it will be able to convert and .243, banshee, evil, endless, etc into a full blown fully that will fit all drunken Canadian laws. Lets just hope they can come back quickly and the price will be reasonable!

Attached is an excellent photo.

:devil:

Attachments

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
I felt like such the bike shop whore when my boss made me sell two of those things to some folks who outright requested them on special order. I was completely like "dude, there's no way I'm selling those things"...he was like "if the customer wants it, it's your job to deliver".
Yuck, I still feel sick to this day.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by Sideways
I felt like such the bike shop whore when my boss made me sell two of those things to some folks who outright requested them on special order. I was completely like "dude, there's no way I'm selling those things"...he was like "if the customer wants it, it's your job to deliver".
Yuck, I still feel sick to this day.
AHHAHAAH

dude thats awesome. LOL

The shockster, what the hell... That thing still cracks me up even after all these years.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
uuuuh, I actually have one of those I got off of eBay. Its still in the box in my closet too. I actually installed it for a day but never saw dirt. Its Ferrari Red too!

The bums in Tompkins Square swear by it though!

Oh, and if you want to buy it from me, I won't stop you.

edit: This is the XC version, not the FR version. I know, XC and red? WTF? Thats FR/DH colors sucka!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Could you stack two of those on top of each other. That way you could have a hardtail a short travel bike and a long travel bike all in the same bike, Genius!

Sep 10, 2001
Forget the DW link.... I am bolting one of those on to an Imperial... Then I can have an Evil full suspension bike...:devil:

Brian

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Why stack only two? Bolt four of five of em together, and get some awesome travel! Super Monster T in the front, five shocksters in the rear- you'd have a big-hit machine.....

(I can't bevieve we're talking about these things, I remember them from a long time ago)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by zane
Why stack only two? Bolt four of five of em together, and get some awesome travel! Super Monster T in the front, five shocksters in the rear- you'd have a big-hit machine.....

(I can't bevieve we're talking about these things, I remember them from a long time ago)
Looks like it is vee brake only, you would also have to bolt on one of them brake therapy disk brake converters too.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Originally posted by Westy
Looks like it is vee brake only, you would also have to bolt on one of them brake therapy disk brake converters too.
No need for discs, once you stack up five or six of 'em you can install a cable splitter and put six pairs of vee brakes out back for ultimate skids! All you need is one of those sweet bolt on gas powered moters from Sachs (also back in the day) and you'd have a moto-x bike. Do you guys remember the kit that added a second pair of rigid forks and (literally) a bungee cord to make "front shocks" out of rigid forks? That was almost as cool as the "Shocker" which of course these days has an entirely new meaning:D

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Tame Ape

Oh, and if you want to buy it from me, I won't stop you.

What do you want for it? I'm building a steel chopper from a cut up beach cruiser and I think one of those things would be hella wicked super bitchin' mega-fly. Those things bolted on the brake bosses right? I only remember thinking how dumb they were at the time when I first saw one,..............but in retrospect............

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Originally posted by kidwoo
What do you want for it? I'm building a steel chopper from a cut up beach cruiser and I think one of those things would be hella wicked super bitchin' mega-fly. Those things bolted on the brake bosses right? I only remember thinking how dumb they were at the time when I first saw one,..............but in retrospect............

heh
well I'll let that badboy go for $20 plus shipping! WOW! PEEEELLLUUUSH Travel for $20! HOLY SEMOLINA!

Its vintage too! All the parts are there and ready to broken... uhh bolted on.

Anything to bring a smile too!

Incidently I think this thing's paint job was designed by ronald macdonald. The metal is red and the spring are yellow.:D

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I've got one, and it's getting PUSHed right now.

After it's done, I'll see you suckers at the bottom after I've blown past you with my blisteringly fast super bike.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Tame Ape
heh
well I'll let that badboy go for $20 plus shipping! WOW! PEEEELLLUUUSH Travel for $20! HOLY SEMOLINA!

Its vintage too! All the parts are there and ready to broken... uhh bolted on.

Anything to bring a smile too!

Incidently I think this thing's paint job was designed by ronald macdonald. The metal is red and the spring are yellow.:D
Check them PMs boy!!!!

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
for some reason about 5 or 7 years ago the shop i work at got 3 of those somehow they didnt even order them, they gave me one for 10 bucks and i beat the **** out of it for about 3 months. big ass stair gaps, 8 foot drops to trannys and also to flat, dirtjumping, xc, dh u name it. it never stopped or broke once. pretty bad ass. kid i sold it to for 190 bucks put to risse shocks on their instead f'n retard:rolleyes: