Quantcast

Old parts build

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
A while back I was at Greg Minnaar Racing and noticed a Haro Escape frame going for R700($70) and picked it up for the hell of it. Its been hanging from the ceiling in my room since then and today I was going through all my old parts this morning and realised I had enough old stuff lying around to built the bike up. Its just been a morning of mixing and matching parts to get her built up and ready to go. At the moment its a single speed jump/4x/all mountain bike and when the shops open tomorrow im going to pick up a short stem and smaller caliper mount so that I can run a 160mm rotor on the rear. Maybe a shifter and put the Deore derailer on there and make it 9 speed. What do you guys think? so far she's cost me 70$, Im rather happy with it:biggrin:

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Great idea. The frame looks kinda funky but for overall fooling around it may quite nice. Got the same idea recently but unfortunately only after I build the bike I realised that the frame was good for me when I was 12 years old ;)

Anyway it's always good to have one more bike in your stable ;)

primo661

Monkey
Jun 16, 2008
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Yeah, they are pretty big, far too long with the stem thats on it now and thats the medium! I just broke the 6'1" mark so im not that short. A few of us are using them as DJ bikes, Greg Minnaar used to ride one before he signed up with the syndicate. Although the small size is too small for me, the medium, with a short stem is spot on. They ride really nice though, very stiff and the geometry is good. the only thing i'd change is to lower the top tube for a lower stand over height.

YSE

Chimp
Mar 12, 2008
NY / Israel
Thats no money !! I have a very similar build on my Escape and i wont say how much i paid for it... all i can say is, no i feel like an A$$.....