Quantcast

old parts...new frame

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
*edit* newest incarnation down low (post #22)

picked up a new frame, just built it up. what do you all think?

Last edited:

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
I like it...looks like the BB is nice and low and the stays are nice and short...which is where it's at. Any ride time on her yet?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
axlvid23 said:
I like it...looks like the BB is nice and low and the stays are nice and short...which is where it's at. Any ride time on her yet?

put three hours down tonight, street riding the University of Idaho campus. The bike feels great, it manuals a ton easier than my old frame, once i got used to how quick the bike pulls up. I pushed my bunnyhop limits, trying stuff i never thought i could do on my kona roast. it abubaca'd nice n smooth for me too. This frame is shorter front and rear than my old one, and i am wondering how i rode so long on that monster of a frame.

Right now i am totally worn out from the ride, and super stoked. I need to find/build some decent dirt jumps around here and see how she flys before i can profess true love though.

the old bike:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
sessions said:
I see the much needed work was a new frame now we need to ride some urban.

yea, its nice to finally have some new parts. and yea, we should ride tomorrow. gimme a call when you want to go, or i'll call when i'm ready.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Dope. The tubing looks really thin, even though its steel, is it any bit flexy?

What did it run you?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
allsk8sno said:
dude "you in the butter zone now"

you and eric will have to get diggin' !!!
i rode up on galby yesterday and got all nice an muddy!!

pete
nice man, that mountain is a ton of fun. Eric tony and went dinking around campus today, had a good time. Talked much about digging, we'll probably try to get something going up at the water tower. You'll have to come down if we get something good going.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Red Bull said:
Dope. The tubing looks really thin, even though its steel, is it any bit flexy?

What did it run you?
i havent noticed any flexing yet, shes pretty stiff. And i actually traded the guy who made it for a used set of 33x12.5 mickey thompson baja claws. I think they run somewhere around 600 bucks. And come in black, green, and gray. But not the same gray i have, i think that was just a one off paint job.

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
that thing is so clean!! i wish i had $$$ laying around...but i already have my "bikes" for now...

will- yeah i will try and make a trip down there sometime around finals week maybe, zoae's brother is graduating from UI so we might head down but not sure what all is goin on...especially since we will have our kid then, though yakima is on the list for when we visit the parents!!!

pete

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
hey pete, thanks for the props. heres a pic of my internal headset, which is something new to me.

ah and i watched a woman giving birth on tv today. GOOD LUCK Zoae!! man was it intense

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
sjcX3oldtown said:
that thing is sick-im all about spending money to build a killer bike - but urs is soo SIMPLE and yet those parts are reliable and easy to come by it looks PERFECT to ride around on and manuever - ride hard man
glad you like it man, i really like it. Its one of the funnest bikes i've ridden. some of the parts are getting old though. I think i'll need new pedals soon, and could use a new rear hub. My fork is making strange noises sometimes too. but nothings busted yet, so i'll keep riding till something does

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
That things looks great, nice and clean! Not all gross with tons of deraillures and water bottle holders and extra retarded gussets. How much was the frame? Your bars look really high and your stem looks super long, but you might be tall, heck I have no idea who you are. That is one of the very few street hardtails I would ever consider riding. Looks good and enjoy that sexy beast!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
hey man, yea i'm on the tall side, 6'4". i've been thinking about flipping some of the spacers over the stem and dropping my bars down a bit, but so far i like the way this rides. The frame runs about 600 bucks. And that stem is alot shorter than the one i used to run! and thanks, i am enjoying this sexy beast!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
figure if I keep this link in my sig I should update it...

This time a new frame and some new parts:

new stuff:
frame: Simple Bicycle Co. '509'
fork: 831
cranks: FSA
pedals: used Cullys
front wheel: halo hub laced to wtb rim
sprocket: eastern

She rides nice.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
nice additions, must have dropped a bunch of weight from your old rig

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
With that Arrow DH rim on the back it weighs around 29 pounds. I might have shaved a bit off. Weight is less important than durability for me.