Quantcast

Old personage.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
I am now officially old as I just did the classic old person trick of taking a fall in the bath.

Had a bath yesterday and slipped getting out, apparently I was out for 5+ hours, woke up dazed went into the lounge and posted a "well that f*cking hurt" post on farcebook and then blacked out again for another few hours Woke up around 10pm not really functioning well..... Started cooking Nacho's for tea without working out that it was now really really dark outside.

About this time few mates concerned at my not answering on farcebook or phone calls busted through the door.
Spent until 1pm today at hospital, then walked home (phone ran out of battery and wallet was at home so....) just a short 20km over some large hills..... so much for my planned weekend of packing boxes as I'm moving house next week.

Hope you all had a far better weekend than me.
Mind you out of sheer bloodymindedness I did still attend a Craft beer degustation dinner with friends tonight that was absolutely supurb!
So not all bad I guess. ;)

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
lol No.... House I'm moving out of has a wetback system so the fire also acts as a secondary heating systlem for the hot water.
Moving out so burning the wood I carried up the hill to the house and decided to make good use of it as it was a oddly cold day.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so you had just got done cranking one out in the tub....way to go dave!

:D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
So when you hit your head hard it makes you an instantgram food poster/addict, scary:D

Hope you feel better.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Christ on a crutch, did you get an MRI? You must have really racked your head. Hope your feeling alright.
Yep Xrays, MRI's and a bunch of other bits and 18hours in the MAPU unit hooked up to monitoring gear etc etc.
Was odd being cared for by an old friend (and former partner), turns out she's the head of that ward now.