Quantcast

old pics of my r9 and dna just found these on my camera pure sex

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
man i took these like last spring break. sadly the splinter mxs wasnt in the stable then and isnt now (no room in house for 5 bikes so its back in d town) parts are easy to tell. best damn bikes iv ridden
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

DH biker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2004
North East
The two sisters.
Sweet looking bikes. The color is great too.

Does anyone know if the R9 is FSR (Horst Link)?
Thanks for letting me know.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
dexter said:
image shack blows sorry and i cant resize them
For the love of God, please show us the pics!

(Btw im talking to frank saturday about me being on a R9 next year :thumb: ) My DNA is my favorite bike ever so i expect nothing less from the r9...

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
all hooked up. the dna has no front brake now (was through steerer tube) and is micro drive via e13 parts. the r9 has a dhx air and a travis 8inch instrict ti on it along with a full ti bolt kit and derailer housing. the r9 weights in at 39lbs

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
dexter did you do the trade in dealy with your slider? if so how much did it cost? ive been waiting to trade mine in but dont have the flow.

also where did you get the ti derailer housing

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
the slider is my backup fork, iv had the travis since mid summer. it isnt ti der housing but that would be soo sick if someone made it

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
.:Jeenyus:. said:
How much the frame cost?
If you haven't figured it out by now, dexter rides for Manitou, Deity, and Sinister. He's not paying anything close to retail for these bikes.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
those bikes are sick man! when you gonna start rippin it up on those things. get some scratches on 'em.

oh yea, your wheelsets don't match. might wanna get that fixed.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
iv been ripping on those bikes all year on and off due to injuries and whatnot but the paint on sinister bikes is unreal. they seriously look almost brand new still, there powdercoat is so thick and tough its amazing

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
dexter said:
iv been ripping on those bikes all year on and off due to injuries and whatnot but the paint on sinister bikes is unreal. they seriously look almost brand new still, there powdercoat is so thick and tough its amazing
Frank told me they use a paint that is very tough (and looks great) but will be ruined if comes in contact with fluids such as brake fluid...

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Red Bull said:
Frank told me they use a paint that is very tough (and looks great) but will be ruined if comes in contact with fluids such as brake fluid...
That's cause DOT fluid destroys paint.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
yea dexter, hows the dhx air i just got one but it need new spacers so ive yet to ride it

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
yea rd i have it adjusted, if you look in those pics the chain is being held together by an allen wrench and there in no housing.

the dhx air feels great but if im out jumping or hucking i put the avy on just to be safe. it weights nothing

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
dexter said:
yea rd i have it adjusted, if you look in those pics the chain is being held together by an allen wrench and there in no housing.

the dhx air feels great but if im out jumping or hucking i put the avy on just to be safe. it weights nothing
How does the DHX work for Dh runs? Overheat?

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
it works great on dh runs pedals amazingly and takes the hits like a champ. gonna ride it in the snow tomorrow so well see how it performs then

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
dexter how do u compare the dhx air to a coil shock from what i understand is its slightly less sensitive and has a slower rebound. is this true?

RogerH

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Sweden
Nice pair!

What size are the e13 micro guide going to be? 26 or 28T?
Are they 3pc cranks only?

Sorry, can't wait until they get them on their website... haha! ;)

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
dexterq20 said:
If you haven't figured it out by now, dexter rides for Manitou, Deity, and Sinister. He's not paying anything close to retail for these bikes.
I figured, notice I didn't ask how much he got his frame for, just how much a DNA costs. (If its cheapish, could be next frame for me)

Edit: Way to much for my budget. :(

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
the stem is an nycfreeride one. the chrome one was a prototype and its not available anymore. the dhx air feels alot like a my old pushed rc just awesome in every way except for big drops and jumps 9still scared of blowing it up

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
and the tioga rims are some of my favroite rims with stans. they have such a great profile, are super light, and strong as nails. the only downfall is switching tires. the e13 mirco guide will be 26 with a 10tooth ti driver in the back or possibly a suctom hadley ti 108tooth hub with the cog built into the case (working on this hopefully it goes through).