Quantcast

Old Skool Funk Fest pics!!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
What a great time! Great show...fun line up...SOS Band, Ohio Players, MC Hammer, Morris Day and the Time and Cameo...(sorry, Narlus...no studded red codpiece on the singer...) Anyway, it was a BLAST! Beautiful day in the city of Concord just outsida...Oakland...

The fun started as we were walking into the Pavillion...this guy had probably the best suit all day...unfortunately, I was unable to get a pic of the coordinating footwear...GREEN CROCODILE SANDALS!

This guy and his lady who was in the restroom at the time of the photo were wearing these matching purple outfits:

I didn't see this guy hanging around the above dude and his lady, but they musta coordinated their git ups!

Sadly, this photo did not capture the full effect of this git up...it was a midnight blue velour track suit with little DG's (Dolce & Gabana) all over it!

These short sets with sandals seemed to be the favorite git up for that warm, sunny day!

Another...

And yes...another...this is just a mere tiny sampling of the short sets we saw!

I think these folks got lost on the way to the Bob Seger concert!

Here we have HAMMER hisowndamnself mixin it up in the crowd!!! That was pretty exciting!

And here is Jerome...yes THE Jerome from Morris Day and the Time! Another exciting moment!

Uhhhh....

K...here we have my most heralded shot of the day...the SHOES...this guy had on a blue pantsuit with crocodile shoes...check em OUT!

And a little better of a shot:

And here we have the pimpenist pimp of em all...he even had a cane and a feather in his hat!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
Oh god...right before I eat...but the thing is...that guy KNEW he was getting his picture taken...theres a big difference...
Something tells me Scrotundles probably does not understand what them fancy cameras do.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
dh girlie said:
Oh well...I thought there was some pretty funny shhhhit there...perhaps I'm more easily amused than y'all...
You set the bar pretty high with the JD pictures...I guess you are a victim of your own success.

Still, those are pretty damn funny although I'm a little disappointed that Hammer wasn't wearing his Trademark Genie pants.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Joe Pozer said:
You set the bar pretty high with the JD pictures...I guess you are a victim of your own success.

Still, those are pretty damn funny although I'm a little disappointed that Hammer wasn't wearing his Trademark Genie pants.
Well...the chances of getting my ass beat by a bunch of stoned butt rockers at JP for taking pictures was significantly lower than at the old skool funk fest...trust me on this one...

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
dh girlie said:
Well...the chances of getting my ass beat by a bunch of stoned butt rockers at JP for taking pictures was significantly lower than at the old skool funk fest...trust me on this one...
True...it'd suck to get smothered by this:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Any pics of the cars they rolled up in....

I like the earlier curvacious Caddies.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
you would have a hay day in emephis with your camera. those are normal going to the grocery store clothes here. the hats on sunday are worth the bandwidth alone.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
dh girlie said:
thats more the rockabilly crowd style caddie...bad ass. there were lots of 80's models caddies like coupe de villes, etc. and escalades, and lin-coln con-ti-nen-tals and town cars.
You mean dis...

Although they probably were not three wheelin.

J

JRB

The only thing that can save this thread will be contributions of the hats Laura speaks of.

F-

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
loco said:
The only thing that can save this thread will be contributions of the hats Laura speaks of.

F-

nuh uh! i don't take pictures of stragers. especially old churchgoers in their sunday best sweating in the memphis heat.

J

JRB

laura said:
nuh uh! i don't take pictures of stragers. especially old churchgoers in their sunday best sweating in the memphis heat.
Welp - this thread is destined to be sucktacular then.