Quantcast

Old Skool RM - REPOST alert

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:eek:

I remember that color scheme. I lurked on here for probably a year and a half before I actually created an account... Funny stuff...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Skookum said:
i remember when your posts had substance......

wait a minute.....

No nevermind that was someone else. :)
"release the Jawas!!!!!!!"

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Then: Total Threads: 156 | Total Posts: 974

Now: Threads: 27,356, Posts: 380,471

And those "now" numbers are after about a hundred purges. Ya bunch of post whores. :p

J

JRB

They even posted ride pics back then. They lacked our luster though. :D

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
loco said:
Well - I continue to consistently have bad posts. Is that what I should strive for?
Well you have more posts per day than I do, so you are actually the bigger post whore. :) Hang around here long enough and you will eventually pass me at your current pace. :)

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
Well you have more posts per day than I do, so you are actually the bigger post whore. :) Hang around here long enough and you will eventually pass me at your current pace. :)
I try, but the new tasks at work don't allow it to be a recreational sport any more. Today might be a good day, but next week will not.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
loco said:
Nothing - I got some cool stuff, but he didn't say it was him. Just deducing, that is all.

I'd venture to say you are right. He loves Dead Guy Rogue, and Webcyclery is down the street. We are the only two from Bend in the Secret Santa thing and you weren't my person, so it wasn't from me.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I Are Baboon said:
Then: Total Threads: 156 | Total Posts: 974

Now: Threads: 27,356, Posts: 380,471

And those "now" numbers are after about a hundred purges. Ya bunch of post whores. :p
Yeah I've deleted about a million posts too.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
what's the longest forum or mailing list you've been on? i think i started lurking at mtbr in the late 90s, but i've been on the guided by voices mailing list since probably '94 or so. back in the day, it was manually run; if you wanted to post, you sent an email to the admin, and he collected enough to make a digest and then mailed it out to the subscribers. ancient technology.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
stosh said:
ha ha ha "Newest Member: Spincrazy"
That's right noobs. I'm like 'past the expiration date' milk.

Wish I was in the shape I was in then.....damn.

I was riding a GT Avalanche LE at the time. I later sold this frame to RM as an emergency replacement for one he cracked so he could do some race.