Quantcast

Old toyota trucks

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
What do you all have? What have you done to it? What do you plan to do to it? I'll post mine later once my camera finishes charging.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
What do you consider old?

I've got a 96 4Runner - does that count?
- 3" suspension lift
- 2" body lift
- 33" MTs
- sliders
- etc...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
T0mo said:
I don't know... not new? It doesn't really matter what year, just post whatever you've got.

Got any pictures?
Lots - I'm in the process of revamping my website and that section is down at the moment... but here are a few for now:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
nice yota jackson, do you have a live axle conversion on the front or is it still IFS?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Still IFS. The IFS works fine for what I do. The only reason I'd go full float is so I could lift the truck more. My biggest problem right now is lack of ground clearance, but since the truck is still my daily driver, it's going to stay pretty much the way it is.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn good luckin truck either way. looks like it handles moderate terrain very well.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've been very pleased with it on the trail. I generally wheel with Jeeps, and there's very little they can do that I can't when built similarly. The only time the jeeps have an advantage is on rocky stuff where the shorter wheelbase helps.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
I just noticed that the back wheel was jammed up into the wheel well in that picture 'cause it was parked on a bit of a hill while the front was on flat ground.