Quantcast

Older Dell latitiutde with new battery and bios upgrade

I bought a new battery for my laptop at work and it came with a bios upgrade. I put the battery in first and it charged to 32% and seemed to stall. SO, I did the bios upgrade and its still stalled.

I searched the dell problems and all I can find are people with the same issue but no resolution.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I would think that this may be just a visual issue with the software that displays the charge. Because if it is going to go 1/3rd of the way, there is no reason it shouldn't charge fully, unless the battery is bad.

I would find the peice of software responisble for displaying the charge and re-install that. Maybe reflash the BIOS again.

Tenchiro said:
I would think that this may be just a visual issue with the software that displays the charge. Because if it is going to go 1/3rd of the way, there is no reason it shouldn't charge fully, unless the battery is bad.

I would find the peice of software responisble for displaying the charge and re-install that. Maybe reflash the BIOS again.
well the bios says the same thing about the amount of charge. I will try re-flashing.... thanks.