Quantcast

Older Z.1 with dual disc mounts -- IS or no?

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
Hey,

If I recall correctly, the older Marzocchi Z.1s with the dual disc mounts were not IS but a Formula-specific mount. Right? Or no?

If so, is there an adapter to run an IS disc up front?

Thanks.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Colin said:
Hey,

If I recall correctly, the older Marzocchi Z.1s with the dual disc mounts were not IS but a Formula-specific mount. Right? Or no?
Yup...the tabs do not have IS spacing. They're something like 48mm if I recall correctly. Hayes does make an adapter (part #98-14590) but I imagine it might be hard to track down at this point. Plus I think with that adapter you have to use the old school calipers designed for the old Manitou post mount spacing of 68mm.

Alternatively I seem to remember Hope making a C2 caliper that mounted on those tabs directly but I can't remember what number it is.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Yup...the tabs do not have IS spacing. They're something like 48mm if I recall correctly. Hayes does make an adapter (part #98-14590) but I imagine it might be hard to track down at this point. Plus I think with that adapter you have to use the old school calipers designed for the old Manitou post mount spacing of 68mm.

Alternatively I seem to remember Hope making a C2 caliper that mounted on those tabs directly but I can't remember what number it is.
Yep. I had/have one of these forks. It's a '97 model (possibly late '96). The mounts were meant for old Formula brakes and Hope did make a C2 caliper half that worked - I had one of those too; sold when I unloaded my collection of Hope stuff... :disgust1: . I don't recall Formula offering a hub with disc mounts on both sides. The fork had mounts on both sides because for a time, Formula offered calipers for either side if you wanted to run your levers moto-style. The idea didn't catch on...

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Hayes had adapters for those. but would put your caliper out to a 8" only. i had a local machinist make me one aswell.

goodluck with that...