Quantcast

Olive for El Caminos - help (??)

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Hey,

Got some new El Caminos. Went to shorten the cable, and realized I need another olive (compression fitting).

Anyone know WHERE I can find this? I'm looking for a part number, either a Hayes number or a QBP number, or confirmation that it is the same as the HFX Mag olive. I work in a shop, so I can order them from almost any vendor... just want to make sure I get the right thing.

And no, I'm not doing this myself, but with assistance. I know just enough to be dangerous... ;)

Thanks!!
-sunny

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
bballe336 said:
check the quality catalog. it has listings for all hayes parts.
Catalog lists parts for HFX-MAG and 9s.

There is no listing for a compression ftting/bushing/insert for the ElCamino.

I need someone who knows whether the hoses for El Camino and HFX-MAGs are identical.

Thanks.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
sunny said:
Catalog lists parts for HFX-MAG and 9s.

There is no listing for a compression ftting/bushing/insert for the ElCamino.

I need someone who knows whether the hoses for El Camino and HFX-MAGs are identical.

Thanks.
Hell, if you work in a shop, give Hayes a shout. BTI was always more than helpful w/ vendor phone numbers if the shop's roladex or bike-a-log didn't have it. I'm sure quality would be the same way.

To answer your question - I don't know. I quit the shop job before I got to play w/ any of those. Its takes people around here time before they experiment w/ new things. I still only know of one kid in town with those brakes.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
OK! Got the info!!

The El Camino compression bushings are the same as the HFX-9s.

John at Hayes called me back and was very helpful. :thumb:

Alas, I'm still dead in the water, but help (in the form of a package of bushings) will arrive soon! :)

-sunny