Quantcast

OLN sells out... totally.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
the article said:
There's some question in the industry about how many people will tune in to watch a competition where the winner is already known.
in other words, how dumb is the american public? i bet the ratings will be just fine. :D

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I would watch on old episode of survivor before I would watch 90% of the mule dung that OLN has for programming now. They pretty much have Rodeo on 80% of the time mixed in with about 20% of killing animals.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
douglas said:
why do some people think they are cool because they dont watch tv or certain tv shows ??
some take pride in not taking part in society's rituals: tv shows and pro sports to name two. personally, i have a tv but only use it to play gran turismo 4.

(but i have to guiltily admit that i have watched more than a few episodes of america's next top model at a friend's place. :D)

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
SkaredShtles said:
Video games are one of society's dumb rituals. :p

-S.S.-
as are eating and taking a dump in the morning. video games (and presumably the other two activities unless you've got some issues :eek: ) are interactive, personal events.

except for on the monkey you don't see people chatting with others about what they ate for lunch or whether they deposited a floater or a sinker, but i imagine that discussing The Game or The Show wouldn't raise an eyebrow in most circles.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Toshi said:
as are eating and taking a dump in the morning. video games (and presumably the other two activities unless you've got some issues :eek: ) are interactive, personal events.
You're just justifying your video game habit. :p

Oh, and eating and $hitting are actually *necessities* unless you've got some issues. :D

-S.S.-

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm proud to say that my g/f doesn't watch those shows any more cuz I keep her way too busy riding and riding and stuff.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
SkaredShtles said:
Video games are one of society's dumb rituals. :p

-S.S.-

Actually, these days, some video games are alot more interactive(especially online) than sitting there watching bad T.V. shows.

Then again, I'm a vidiot from waaaaaaay back.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Ya OLN used to show biking and stuff but now its all rodeo and other crap like that. Survivor isnt that bad but american ido should be renamed american idiot, they all suck ass!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
What?!?!?! Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?!?!!?

Wait....are those four horsemen on the horizon?!??!?

This is yet another sign that no one has their finger on the pulse of the "extreme" society that we cherish and luv....sigh....

Cold day in hell and all that....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Hmmm..... am I the only one left that has never seen Survivor? :think:

-S.S.-
nah, I've never even see 5 minutes of it. OLN has been sucking for a while now. FUEL however is OK. A bit heavy on the skaters and surfers for me, but they show BMX, some MTBing, and MX.