Quantcast

Oly cruiser ridee

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Sara informed me this am that she hasn't driven anywhere since she got the cruiser. 2 weeks! It helps that Olympia is such a bike friendly town. We can get pretty much anything we need within 3 miles in any direction and almost 100 percent of that has big bike lanes. Since she only works mon-thurs and I only work saturdays and some sundays, fridays are a great day to have a weekly ride. Weather was overcast and a little chilly this morning but still a fun ride.

Not bad for bike lanes...

Stopped by a Japanese garden on our way into Oly.

Bike friendly town. Gotta love those evergreeners

The bikes

Unfortunately the house of Kung Fu is no longer open

Old abandoned buildings are cool

We always ride through the cemetary on our way home. It's a nice reality check. Helps to remind not to take this living thing for granted.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Trainwreck said:
Looks like a fun area to ride. Nice composition /color contrasts on the House Of Kung Fu shot. Thanks for sharing your day out.
The city should have known better than to give someone a parking ticket outside The House of Kung Fu......

(check the right parking meter)

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Woa, this is definitely the coolest ride report. HHhmmm we should post a drunken party/bike ride/session night on here some time.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
BAH said:
The city should have known better than to give someone a parking ticket outside The House of Kung Fu......

(check the right parking meter)
That reminded of something I witnessed back when I was in college. All the parking meters had been cut off like that on the town square but they had left the poles. I'm sitting in a car waiting on a friend when this guy parks next to me gets out of his car, shuts the door, turns and starts walking only to catch one of the poles square in the nuts. He uttered a sound which I'll never forget (it too was very kung fu like which makes your picture all the better), but the dude was cool. He kept on walking, never missing a stride like nothing had ever happened. Me- I liked to wet myself laughing. Guess I racked up a few bad karma points on that one.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
Trainwreck said:
Guess I racked up a few bad karma points on that one.
nah, thats harmless :) I watched a guy reading a newspaper walk full speed into a lightpost one time. I still get a laugh whenever I think about that one

mtnrider- no joke, Im kind of a tall hombre