Quantcast

Olympic border cross looks bad a$$

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Transcend said:
It is. I have raced BX for a long time. The olympic one is almost a full Km long...twice the length of a world cup BX. It's a friggin marathon.
D'OH thanks for not pointing out my spelling mistake. ummmm beer.

That's bad a$$ dude. I've seen some, but never had the opportunity to acquire the skill it takes to do it.
I’d totally dig it if I weren’t in uhhh tejas.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
It is indeed a sweet course, it is actually pretty technical. The course is big enough that the berms actually have to really fast lines in them, and small choices can make a big difference over the length of the course.

Pro tip: People think it is full contact, but it isn't. You are only allowed to protect your line and personal space. However you need to. :)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
god do i want to race bx next season. too bad the only series that i can find up in new england right now is usasa and they have 2 only races a season. :( i need to do some more research. that course looks like a ton of fun. maybe its the angle that they show the start at, but i was expecting the guys to truly explode out of the gate instead of pushing out onto flat and having to hop and drop in. i think bx is the type of snowboarding comp for me. i can do jumps well and im fast. i just cant do tricks at all so i suck at park.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
binary visions said:
... I had never heard of it before
How is that possible?
You mean that you never watched Shaun Palmer race Boardercross?
That's it, I am driving up there and pulling you out of a lab, and forcing you to go on a ride. :)

BTW, watching the BSX is absolutely awesome.
How is this event not the most popular snowboarding event?
I would love love love to ride that course.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Jeremy R said:
BTW, watching the BSX is absolutely awesome.
How is this event not the most popular snowboarding event?
I would love love love to ride that course.
it is certainly the most entertaining to watch. and im a snowboarder who likes watching people rip it up anywhere. but the halfpipe runs all started to look the same after a while. the bx races at least show some variation.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Man watching that stuff motivates me to want to look into racing next season. :D Any info on the local CO race scene Fraser? Of course I've been wanting to get myself an alpine board for a while...but now I might actually have justification. :p ;) Well not really, I'll just get one anyways. :D :cool:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
COmtbiker12 said:
Man watching that stuff motivates me to want to look into racing next season. :D Any info on the local CO race scene Fraser? Of course I've been wanting to get myself an alpine board for a while...but now I might actually have justification. :p ;) Well not really, I'll just get one anyways. :D :cool:
No clue, been awhile since i was out there. Copper and Keystone still both have courses tho from what I understand.

Alpine boards aren't necessary either. I rode a palmer carbon circles 158 every year I raced. Bad ass, stiff as hell and a killer pop. Just get a decent board with enough give to pull through botched landings.

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
yeah copper and keystone have courses and they are way sick. i would like to race skiiercross next season. looks like good fun. not as demanding as racing and not as frikkin dangerous as hanging out in the park all the time. and that olympic course is SOOO sick looking.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
ride_fast said:
yeah copper and keystone have courses and they are way sick. i would like to race skiiercross next season. looks like good fun. not as demanding as racing and not as frikkin dangerous as hanging out in the park all the time. and that olympic course is SOOO sick looking.
Agreed. And I'm sure that 4x experience from the summer here might even be beneficial to it as well. :p :D

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
.:Jeenyus:. said:
Mmmmmmm.

I have a boardercross race tomorrow. Its gonna be insane.
On a friday evening under the lights? SWEET. Light races rule, much better snow definition.

Where at? I havent race in a year or 3. I was going to get back into it this winter, but the snow has been horrible so I never bothered. I was out on a course yesterday and was killing it though..itching to get back in it. Straight, tucked airs rule.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Transcend said:
On a friday evening under the lights? SWEET. Light races rule, much better snow definition.

Where at? I havent race in a year or 3. I was going to get back into it this winter, but the snow has been horrible so I never bothered. I was out on a course yesterday and was killing it though..itching to get back in it. Straight, tucked airs rule.
Shall actually be tomorrow during the day, as that section of our mountain doesn't have lights.

It's at Mt. Ashland, which is a steep, tiny (200 skiable acres), local mountain. They basically just put up some berms and flatten the lips a bit in the terrain park, so it ain't the greatest course evar. But, as of now, the course is practically a solid sheet of ice, so as said before, it shall be insane.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
.:Jeenyus:. said:
Shall actually be tomorrow during the day, as that section of our mountain doesn't have lights.

It's at Mt. Ashland, which is a steep, tiny (200 skiable acres), local mountain. They basically just put up some berms and flatten the lips a bit in the terrain park, so it ain't the greatest course evar. But, as of now, the course is practically a solid sheet of ice, so as said before, it shall be insane.
0deg bevel edges are fun.

I have ridden a few courses like that, they can be fun ... only you usually jump everything to flat and get sore knees because the jumps are meant to have nice lips.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Talk about the lowest common denominator and hidden agendas, NBC keeps comparing Cross to NASCAR. Of course, NBC is a NASCAR broadcaster.

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Just watched it, I couldnt stop laughing at the start, them pumping the first few jumps was soo funny, ya that was a super long course, looked pretty sick!

J

JRB

I just heard of it last night. I thought it was cool. Gold baby. I also have no idea who Leon Lett is. Sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't know why.

J

JRB

So this Lett guy fumbled and set up scoring for the Cowboys to get beat. Imagine that, the Cowboys getting beat. :think:

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
^ swing and a miss. Well, a foul tip anyway.
Apparently he dropped a ball just as he would score in a Super Bowl too. I am fairly tired of reading about him though.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
loco said:
Apparently he dropped a ball just as he would score in a Super Bowl too. I am fairly tired of reading about him though.
well loco, since you made the effort...

Leon Lett (of the Cowboys) recovered a fumble in the Super Bowl and ran down the field. Feeling confident he was about to score, he held out the football and started to do a little dance before scoring, only to have a Buffalo player catch him from behind and knock the ball out. The Cowboys already had the game won, but it made Lett look like a complete jackass on the biggest stage in sports. That's generally regarded as the biggest boneheaded play in football history. The moral of the story is, don't start showboating too early, something our chick snowboarder has just learned the hard way.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
did anyone else heard Nate Holland's cry baby remarks when he DQ'd from the event? He was a bit out of control, crashed on his landing, and took someone else down. And then he said he was protesting to the judges.
there's been alot of heat on here lately about Bode, but when Bode's out he takes it.
Holland totally screwed up and he protested? That's silly.