Votes: 18 35.3%
  • I love to watch it but don't want anyone to know

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
The Olympics takes away from the true spirit of the game: getting totally sh1tfaced and throwing forty pound rocks at one another.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
I can see that this is a long dark cold Northern way to pass winter, eh?

Many beers and shoot, let's slide this granite chunk down the ice.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
On paper curling seems odd but in person its fun to watch - I've watched it on TV many times.

Sumo wrestling is the same - years ago I would watch the English version of a Japanese nightly news program. The best parts where the wrestling sumo tournaments. :)

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I dig it! I think it's cool to watch and if the "local" area group weren't so far away I may actually try it out!

most things can be fun... JUST ADD BEER!:monkeydance:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Hell yeah. I have always been fascinated by curling.

The Milwaukee Curling Club meets weekly & they always have ads in the papers saying if you are interested they will teach you. If I hadn't been bitten by the skiing bug, I might have taken it up...hell, I might go check it out anyway.

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
Im from minnesota, which is where a whole bunch of awsome curlers come from......but i still dont watch it much......

its fun to huck rocks at poor people though :biggrin:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The Olympics takes away from the true spirit of the game: getting totally sh1tfaced and throwing forty pound rocks at one another.
It would be much better if they breathalize you before you play, and if you aren't legally drunk, you don't get to play.

Edit: fixed horrific tense changes.

I've been known to watch. It's not my favorite sport to watch by any means, but it's entertaining.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
BTW, the phrase is "I couldn't care less". What does it mean to say that you could care less? That means you care at least somewhat and are capable of careing less. It says nothing on how much you care. You could care alot and say you could care less. It is surprising how many people get that wrong. :)
:stupid: People are stupid.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
I dig it! I think it's cool to watch and if the "local" area group weren't so far away I may actually try it out!

most things can be fun... JUST ADD BEER!:monkeydance:
Curling started with beer. Then they added the part with the rocks just to have something to do between the beer parts.

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
Curling is better than baseball. Strategy AND beer that does not take 4hours to come to a conclusion.

Plus you don't often see a pitcher on the mound screaming "HARRRRD! HARRRRD!" from the mound in his best pirate voice as the ball is on its way to the batter.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I was in a curling league a while ago. Something to do while drinking. And the sheet keeps your beer cold while you're tossin rocks.

It's sure not something that should be in the olympics, though.
Like baseball: ok to play while drunk, but not good to watch sober.