Quantcast

Olympic hockey - the knockout round

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
This is what it's all about boys and girls... this is when it REALLY gets fun. I sooooo can't wait!

My predictions:
- US vs the Fins - Fins win 5-2
- Sweeden vs the Swiss - Sweeden in a shootout
- Canada vs Russia - Canada 4-3
- Slovaks vs Czechs - Czechs 4-2

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
The US Team really disappointed. Winning a medal would have been a plus, even if it were a bronze. But to go 1-4-1 in six games at the Olympics - that's just pathetic.

Hopefully this ****ty performance will cause people within US Hockey to wake up and really focus our efforts on developing our nation's pool of hockey talent.

For us to finish so poorly is unacceptable in this day and age.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
MMcG said:
Hopefully this ****ty performance will cause people within US Hockey to wake up and really focus our efforts on developing our nation's pool of hockey talent.

For us to finish so poorly is unacceptable in this day and age.

parise/o'sullivan/oshie/kessel/j johnson/suter/erik johnson/skille

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hawkeye said:
parise/o'sullivan/oshie/kessel/j johnson/suter/erik johnson/skille

There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Let's hope they progress - because they also disappointed at the Wold Junior Hockey Championships in BC earlier this winter.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
jacksonpt said:
1-4-1??? Did they play the fins this afternoon? I take it they lost?

ESPN.com here I come...

The lost to Finland 4-3.

The officiating was horrible for a game of that magnitude but both teams had to deal with it so that's no excuse.

Amazingly 44 year old Chris Chelios was probably the USA's best player in the tourney.

But overall Team USA sucked major ass in Torino.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
News Flash....

USA sucks at hockey, film at 11:00

I still say we would have had a better shot sending a team like the San Diego Gulls than trying to use NHL players.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
jimmydean said:
News Flash....

USA sucks at hockey, film at 11:00

I still say we would have had a better shot sending a team like the San Diego Gulls than trying to use NHL players.
Canada too.

I think we ought to send the juniors...maybe they'd play with some heart.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
No surprise USA got knocked out. I'm actually surprised they were as competitive as they were. Sure they only won one game, but they had some tough losses.

Shocker that Canada took such a beatdown though! :eek:

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
MMcG said:
Let's hope they progress - because they also disappointed at the Wold Junior Hockey Championships in BC earlier this winter.

I didn't get to watch any of the WJC but I heard Kessel was pretty good but a little selfish (no surprise).

Funny that the Hawks have the rights to J. Skille and they may be getting Kessel if the balls fall the right way in the draft.

Those two hate each other.

Skille is from Madison and goes to UW.

Kessel is from Madison and went to UM.

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
The Canadian women could have easily handed the Canadian men a beating. Maybe we should have both teams transgendered for the next Olympics and swap them. On second thought, the Canadian men may already be transgendered.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hawkeye said:
Yes I am. Same name there too.
I go by JAL67 over there...same storie as here, lurk alot, post a little. Good to find another Hawk fan. I am originally from Glen Ellyn, proud product of the DuPage Cty public schools!