Quantcast

Olympic Karma

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Last week:

a reporter asks Kramer, "If you can say your name and your country and what you just won here." Kramer quickly interjects: "Are you stupid? Hell no I'm not going to do that."
This week:

Sven Kramer lost the gold medal Tuesday when coach Gerard Kemkers sent him the wrong way on a changeover during the 25 laps of the 10,000-meter speedskating race – a mistake so elementary, it defies belief.
The newest facepalm:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
you left out:
Ivan Skobrev of Russia, who skated with Kramer and won the silver medal, insisted it is the athlete’s responsibility to negotiate the correct course.

“It is not only about how strong you are,” Skobrev said. “It is how your head is in the race. He made a mistake. That’s his fault.”

And Kramer knows it.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Not sure if that's really "karma".

The reporter was reportedly there watching the race, saw him win and then asks who he is and what he won

"Speaking later in a Dutch interview, Kramer explains: "Come on, this is ridiculous. You've just become Olympic gold medal winner. She was there when it happened and then you have to sum up your whole biography, etc. She's crazy."

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yeah, but the story I read, the question was simply as a video tag, not, who the hell am I?