Quantcast

Olympic quotes

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Womens diving a few nights ago -

On Canada’s final dive, NBC’s Cynthia Potter, who earlier noted pointedly that Filion is not as “streamlined” as any of the other divers, exclaimed “Oh No! It’s a tidal wave” as Filion splashed into the pool from 10 meters above.

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
I'm sure Al Trautwig can be counted on for some special gems from women gymnastics only I tune him out ever since he ruined watching the Tour De France for me however many years they had him on there. I do think I remember hearing him say during one of the preliminary evenings of women's gymnastics to "get ready for one of the greatest nights in Olympics history." If he didn't say that exactly one can't be faulted for assuming he said something close to that. I wonder if he's still nursing his man-crush for Lance Armstrong.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
During womens power lifting with a southern accent.
"I love the way she jerks"

Everything this guys says is gold, with the Texas accent it makes it 100 times better.

"Every time she cleans it she jerks it.":rofl:

Last edited:

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
Sydney 2000 womens 200m track and field final.

Gun goes and commentator (whilst talking about and Aussie chick in the final) said "she's come out running"

well duh

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
The other main commentator (not Costas) was talking while showing highlights of the equestrian comp. and I quote,

"Just when you think the horses are perfect, you realize that they're human too, and they make mistakes."

Duuuuuude....stop chasing the dragon...

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
The other main commentator (not Costas) was talking while showing highlights of the equestrian comp. and I quote,

"Just when you think the horses are perfect, you realize that they're human too, and they make mistakes."

Duuuuuude....stop chasing the dragon...
With a comment like that, he's prolly caught it, rolled it, and smoked it already.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
"...its a shame none of them are of legal age." - ex usa coach commentator with Costas describing the chinese gymnastics team.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Frank Perdue's chicken slogan, "It takes a strong man to make a tender chicken," was translated into Spanish as "it takes an aroused man to make a chicken affectionate."

Not Olympic, but I like the quote...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What I heard this morning:

"It's an eggs and bacon breakfast. The chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. To reach this level, you have to be the pig."