Quantcast

Olympics are coming...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Do you care? If so, what will you watch? Who here is the closet rhythmic gymnastics fan???

I dont care...but I will jump on the new hot female athlete bandwagon, just cuz...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Nastia Liukin is a friend of a friend...i'll be watching her. Phelps, also. i'm waiting for a doping scandal to break up the swimming competition.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I watched USA Basketball. I know most people think it is a slaughterfest, but these are best basketball players in the world playing as a team. I am fascinated.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
I like the winter events better. I usually watch a bit, but the summer stuff just doesn't interest me as much.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Will watch the track and field specifically the mens 100m and all of the relays. I also want to see if phelps will dominate swimming.

Even more so I want to see how china handles everything and I want to see all of the architecture on the new complexes that were put up for the oympics. That new spider web arena thing is CRAZY looking. And the swimming complex is also pretty nutty looking too if you havent seen it it looks like a bunch of bubbles a R1.35 Billion bubble complex and most of it was from donations.

Side note: Alot of athletes are already complaining and or dropping out because the air quality there is so bad. I think two US triathletes already threw in the towel. and there was a story just recently in the Baltimore Sun about a guy that will probably run with a mask.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I can't wait to watch the bmx racing. I hope it ups the attendance for my local track.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
I hope the cocky, overpaid NBA guys tank it and lose to Bolivia or Bophutswana...proffesionals do not belong in the Olympics.
i'm with you on this one. the whole idea was supposed to be AMATEUR athletes, not PROS!!! the IOC really screwed up by letting the pro's play in b'ball and they only did it for the ratings and gate receipts.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Summer Olympics:
Womens Beach Volleyball
Swimming
Diving (usually waiting to see another half gainer no brainer)
BMX
Track & Field

Winter Olympics:
Curling
Boarder-X
Skeleton

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
i'm with you on this one. the whole idea was supposed to be AMATEUR athletes, not PROS!!! the IOC really screwed up by letting the pro's play in b'ball and they only did it for the ratings and gate receipts.
agreed.

however, i did thoroughly enjoy watching vince carter tea bag that dude from french back in sydney i think.

Lebron, Carmello, and Kobe are on the team this year hmmmm I wonder how this will turn out. Send more college kids.

BillT

Monkey
I'm looking forward to my first Olympics with a DVR - this way I can record all the stuff on the 15 different channels that will be showing events, watch it at my own leisure, and fast forward through all that human interest crap and just watch the actual events.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
U of A has countless track and field alumni and current members going. Tyson Gay should bring gold back and we'll have a few medals come back.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Will there be separate threads for the photos of good-looking or ugly athletes?