Quantcast

Olympics in Sochi 2014

Casey-Ryan

Monkey
Jan 2, 2012
Gloucester, MA
So Lets see how messed up the Olympics are already:

The Athletes have no pillows or blankets

Russia has zero manhole covers in the streets and people are getting hurt because the first thing they teach Russian's (and hockey players) is to keep your head on a swivel and don't look down.

Also the test runners for the ski jump went grandma speeds over it so when the Olympians hit the jump they hurt themselves during a practice run and all the Russians had to say for themselves was "my bad?!"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I would love to see Costa's interview Putin. Mid interview, very casually, Putin gets up, takes Costa's toupee, sits back down, puts it on, and finishes the interview. He then walks out still wearing Costa's wig, and proceeds to wear it for the remainder of the games.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I would love to see Costa's interview Putin. Mid interview, very casually, Putin gets up, takes Costa's toupee, sits back down, puts it on, and finishes the interview. He then walks out still wearing Costa's wig, and proceeds to wear it for the remainder of the games.
At the end of the closing ceremony, as he's riding a giant bear out of the stadium, he removes the wig and puts it on the bear. The bear goes on to be a successful Russian sports announcer.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
according to mr. costas......a jackass olympian brings the US the first gold of the games.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
6 degrees of separation---

OK. You know that female boarder from South Lake Tahoe?? Wwwweeeeellllll............

A long-time friend of my son is/was dating her. So that's what, 4 degrees?? Oh well. When I was talking with my mutha the other day, she mentioned that they were watching the Olympics, heard her name/location, and asked me if I knew her. When I told her, she makes the "small world" remark.

Other than that, haven't watched/cared for them yet.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Mark McMorris with the backside 540 bonk off the Russian doll was bad ass. The slopestyle course was disappointing but there were some slick runs.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Mark McMorris with the backside 540 bonk off the Russian doll was bad ass. The slopestyle course was disappointing but there were some slick runs.
Yeah, I was really surprised that the judges didn't reward the triple cork craziness that much. Style was really important.
I am just sad that Torstein Horgmo couldn't ride. His style amazes me every time I see him ride. So smooth and clean.
Also:

:D

Last edited:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Just read an article about the german slopestyle-hopeful which could not move into the finals.
She was glad to be able to go to the Olympics and had tons of fun.
First comment of a german below the article (translated via google):

I really can not hear of our athletes .... blablablabla "I had fun" ... What has become of our athletes who have fought. Fun you can have after the competition. Is not it enough that our spoiled football Bubis always talk only about fun? So the Motivationschoaches do something wrong. What comes after the fun? Burn-out because you once had no fun? No wonder that has lost the lady, because she can not fight. WIN MAKES NO FUN! The fun part comes next. Before that, it is a struggle.
Germans :rofl:

Last edited: