Quantcast

OMFG! Its the new Devinci

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Something I just noticed:

On a trek, the main SWINGARM is the chainstay. The brake is on the seatstay, hence separated by the split pivot.

On the devinci the swingarm is the seatstay, so I'm not sure that the split pivot would help braking at all?

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Hah, as I was writing it I thought "I really should check where the brake is", but thought "nahhhh, I'm sure I'm right". Whoops :D

I imagine it definitely helps, it's basically a floating brake but done as part of the frame/suspension design instead of as a bolt-on afterthought.

yopaulie

Monkey
Jun 4, 2009
NH
I am not sure about all the "tech" stuff when it comes to linkage this and that but I did get to ride a proto and the biggest thing I noticed was how easy this bike could turn, very quick in and out of the turn. Low BB and short chain stay will do that but even so it was extremely fast edge to edge er...turn to turn.

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
I MUST see the disassembled BB area! It looks almost the same as in my project. Do any of you guys know if there're rolling bearings or bushings? Or is it Corsair Maelstrom style concept?

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
omfg, a Devinci that looks just like an Evil.
and costs $6700.
and that we already knew about during Interbike.

what's all the hoopla again?

I never said they were built the same. I was just saying they look the same. Derp de derp derp derp.
lol, please explain to everyone here how you think that the 2 bikes look alike?...

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Something I just noticed:

On a trek, the main SWINGARM is the chainstay. The brake is on the seatstay, hence separated by the split pivot.

On the devinci the swingarm is the seatstay, so I'm not sure that the split pivot would help braking at all?
Technically it does because the caliper is moving forward, not backward.

Tdiddy

Monkey
Apr 8, 2009
You mean the guy from the pinkbike/ devinici team? That reviewer?
he's on the dunbar cycles team, not pinkbike devinci, and he doesn't ride a devinci.

I wonder if a frame only option is available as the cheapest version is only $3799 as a complete, so the frame must be quite a bit cheaper than that.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
omfg, a Devinci that looks just like an Evil.
and costs $6700.
and that we already knew about during Interbike.

what's all the hoopla again?

lol, please explain to everyone here how you think that the 2 bikes look alike?...
Clearly, nobody see's how the seat stay of the devinci looks like the swing arm of the mountain cycle. That was literally all i was pointing out.

The only person who made a funny remark in this thread was demo9. The rest of you failed.

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
2 additional reviews from UK testers who had the first Wilson SP bike outside of Canada

Dirt Mag - Steve Jones (full test in next month's mag)

Initial thoughts come up hugely in favour of the design characteristics that transfer to the trail. The marketing and theory is matched in the performance. Low down weight, power is transferred to forward momentum efficiently, support in the suspension design, progression, balance points, weight, quietness. There are many, many positives. More than anything we liked the fact that there was a useable range of adjustment in the system. First thoughts? Fresh. We really expect to see a BIG signing for this bike which should be gaining podiums in the next few years. Can’t really find any fault in this one. Full test to follow in magazine.

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/devinci.html

Southern Downhill - tested over a full weekend of racing in North Wales

You end up with a low ratio, single pivot bike, with a linkage actuated shock, but with an amazing axle path and better braking. Crikey.

http://www.southerndownhill.com/reviews/bikes/devinci-wilson-2011---first-ride.html

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I wonder if a frame only option is available as the cheapest version is only $3799 as a complete, so the frame must be quite a bit cheaper than that.
i'm with stupid. If the frame comes in at a decent pricepoint, I could see it being a real contender. It's a bit heavy compared to other offerings but if it were cheap, I'd rock it.